Patient Care Representative - Night Shift - Delhi, NY
$2,000 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
The Patient Care Representative is responsible for providing patient-oriented service in a clinical or front office setting; performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties related to the delivery of patient care, including greeting and checking in patients, answering phones, collecting patient co-pays and insurance payments, processing paperwork, and performing other front office duties as required in a fast-paced, customer-oriented clinical environment.
This position is full-time. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 11:00pm – 7:30am. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 460 Andes Rd, Delhi, NY 13753.
- Communicates directly with patients and / or families either in person or on the phone to complete the registration process by collecting patient demographics, health information, and verifying insurance eligibility / benefits
- Utilizes computer systems to enter access or verify patient data in real - time ensuring accuracy and completeness of information
- Gathers necessary clinical information and processes referrals, pre-certification, pre-determinations, and pre-authorizes according to insurance plan requirements
- Verifies insurance coverage, benefits and creates price estimates, reverifications as needed
- Collects patient co-pays as appropriate and conducts conversations with patients on their out-of-pocket financial obligations
- Identifies outstanding balances from patient’s previous visits and attempts to collect any amount due
- Responsible for collecting data directly from patients and referring provider offices to confirm and create scheduled appointments for patient services prior to hospital discharge
- Responds to patient and caregivers' inquiries related to routine and sensitive topics always in a compassionate and respectful manner
- Generates, reviews and analyzes patient data reports and follows up on issues and inconsistencies as necessary
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of specific registration requirements for all areas, including but not limited to: Main Admitting, OP Registration, ED Registration, Maternity, and Rehabilitation units.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of Customer Service experience such as hospital, office setting, customer service setting, or phone support
- Ability to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules within our normal business hours of 11:00pm – 7:30am
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Experience in a Hospital Patient Registration Department, Physician office or any medical setting
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Understanding of insurance policies and procedures
- Experience in insurance reimbursement and financial verification
- Ability to perform basic mathematics for financial payments
- Experience in requesting and processing financial payments
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
Physical and Work Environment:
- Standing for long periods of time (10 to 12 hours) while using a workstation on wheels and phone/headset
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.