Patient Care Coordinator
Opportunities with New West Physicians. Bring your passion for health care to New West Physicians in Colorado, a team committed to providing excellent service to every patient every time. We’re not only one of the largest physician groups in Colorado with 21 offices throughout the Denver Metro area-we’re also part of Optum, a nationwide family of over 53,000 dedicated physicians working together to help people live their healthiest lives. That means we’re backed by the resources of a global health care organization working to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. New West Physicians has received national awards for providing high quality health care in Colorado. It’s all possible because of our highly qualified, board-certified family practice and internal medicine physicians, hospitalists, cardiologists, gastroenterologists, psychiatrists, endocrinologists, neurologists, physiatrists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners - and more. If this sounds like the place for you, it’s time to take a closer look at New West Physicians and discover a path to your life’s best work.(sm)
Creekside Endocrionolgy has a high patient volume in our endocrinology clinic supporting 3 providers. This scheduler completes 30+ outgoing calls per day, in addition to 100-150 incoming calls from patients calling to schedule appointments daily. This position requires heavy phones and patient contact. Need excellent communication skills and computer skills.
Positions in this function are responsible for checking in, scheduling appointments, answering billing questions, preauthorization’s, verify insurances and managing patient medical records for a clinic, as well as other duties as assigned. This position is the face of the clinic and we take pride in our jobs and clinic! If you love what you do and love to help others, then this position is for you!
Work Hours: 7 am to 5 pm 4 days a week
This position is located on 4101 E LOUISIANA AVE
- Assist in answering incoming phone calls in a prompt and professional manner. Return calls as appropriate. Connect and disconnect answering service, and follow up on messages received from answering service. Assist in taking phone messages in a concise and complete manner. Ensure phone calls will not be left on hold for excessive periods of time
- Assist “unscheduled” emergencies to the point that medically trained personnel may take over
- Greet and check in patients in a courteous and friendly manner, verify and update necessary information in the medical record. Check patient’s balances and account status. Refer to patient representative as needed
- Assist patients with ambulatory difficulties
- Verify all demographic and financial information on established patients. Obtain and receive information necessary for the preparation of a new patient record
- Enter patient data in the computer, and scan the insurance card and driver’s license in Allscripts
- Receive payments from patients and issue receipts including reconciling daily cash and cash drawer
- Schedule appointments and verify prior to the scheduled time. Print schedule for physicians and other staff members one day in advance or more as requested
- Other responsibilities as assigned
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) OR 2+ years of customer service experience
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Some college
- 2+ years of experience with medical appointment scheduling
- 1+ years of medical background or medical related experience
- Background using an EMR
- Knowledge of Allscripts EMR
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $15.00 to $25.19. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.