Patient Care Coordinator - Lodi, NJ
Riverside Medical Group is growing our team in New Jersey and Connecticut. As part of Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Tri-State brings patients local care, backed by national expertise. As a premier provider of health care services, Optum Tri-State offers services including primary care, urgent care, and a diverse range of specialty care, outpatient surgery, and imaging. Drawing on the knowledge of leading doctors and healthcare experts, Optum helps 1.6 million patients across 630 locations access high-quality, affordable healthcare within their community.
As a part of the OptumCare network, Optum is seeking a Patient Care Coordinator to join our growing team in New Jersey. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Working Hours: 36 hours a week with 3 12-hour shifts any day of the week, including weekends and holidays. The shifts are from 7:45am to 8:00 pm EST.
- Greet patient when entering the practice
- Obtain accurate and updated patient information, such as name, address, insurance information
- Perform insurance verification on the date of service
- File and maintain medical records
- Confirms and schedule appointments
- Answer telephone calls promptly and courteously
- Collects co-pays or outstanding balances on the date of service
- Perform referral documentation promptly
- Performs certain follow-up services for patients in a prompt and courteous manner, such as scheduling specialist appointments, scheduling follow-up appointments and obtaining copies lab results or specialist reports
- Adhere to the standards identified in Optum’s Employee Policy Manual
- Cooperate with other Optum employees to achieve specific team goals
- Keep abreast on current medical requirements relevant to their position, which includes maintaining patient confidentiality and abiding by all HIPAA and OSHA requirements
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) OR 4+ years of experience working in a medical office
- 1+ years of healthcare or customer service-related experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of experience working in medical front office position performing duties such as scheduling appointments, checking patients in/out, insurance verification, collecting co-pays, and maintaining medical records
- Basic knowledge of Epic EMR software
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Opportunities with Riverside Medical Group. Discover what it means to be part of a top-rated, premier medical practice with a deep commitment to serving its community for over 35 years. We’re also part of the best hospital system in New Jersey and one of the best 50 hospitals in the nation. Riverside Medical Group has over 25 locations in Northern New Jersey, and we deliver quality-focused care to patients of all ages. We recently became part of OptumCare - the health care delivery part of Optum, backed by the scale and resources of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies. Every day we provide the ultimate patient experience through round-the-clock access to health care teams, same day and walk-in appointments, as well as charitable giving and a foundation that supports scholarships and medical research. At Riverside, you’ll play an important role in helping people achieve optimal health, and that’s just the start. Learn more about career opportunities with Riverside Medical Group, where you can help change the world as you do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.