Patient Care Coordinator
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are looking for a Patient Care Coordinator. A Patient Care Coordinator provides direct customer service and front desk assistance for assigned department to include but not limited to admitting, registering, scheduling, verifying insurance and may perform charge entry functions, handles customer account transactions, provides customer assistance, and performs and/or oversees cashiering operations, adheres to policies, procedures and regulations to ensure compliance and patient safety and participates in Compliance and other important training is a condition of employment.
Work Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am to 5 pm
- Provides direct customer service and front desk assistance for assigned department to include but not limited to registering, scheduling and verifying insurance and arriving patients. Electronic eligibility verification, updating patient demographics, ensure required referrals and prior authorization are in place for patient visit. Manage No-show list. Schedules wait list, follow-up, x-ray, referral appointments
- Handles customer account transactions, provides customer assistance, and performs and/or oversees cashiering operations. Responsible for obtaining “expert” level knowledge of the inter-workings of various insurance plans and staying abreast of insurance plans in the process of being added, deleted or changed. Collection of co-pays, co-insurance, self-pay, fee-for-service, and payment on account
- Reconciles daily cash deposit in accordance cash balance policy and procedures. Settlement of EDC credit card machines to include reconciliation of transactions against settlement
- May be required to analyze medical records and charge entry information for financial reimbursement within the guidelines and procedures. Work TES charge entry edits
- Adheres to policies, procedures and regulations to ensure patient safety and regulations. May attend departmental meetings and provide constructive recommendations for areas improvement
- Other duties as assigned
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) OR 1+ year of equivalent experience as a Medical Receptionist
- 1+ year of front office medical experience
- Intermediate level proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
1+ year of medical reception related experience OR Medical Receptionist certificate from an accredited institution
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.