Associate Patient Care Coordinator
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.(sm)
In this position you will interact with patients and their family members, healthcare providers, insurance companies. The Front Office role includes check in, check out, scheduling/rescheduling and/or cancelling appointments, and verifying insurance eligibility according to standard work. Learn from healthcare experts as you work side by side to improve the lives of patients. Enjoy profound job satisfaction as you impact the care and comfort of our patient population. We offer the benefits of working for a large, multi-national company - career opportunities, great benefits, paid time off, and more! The successful candidate will demonstrate effective customer service and communication skills.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Pacific Time
- Greets patients as they arrive / Coordinates patient flow
- Assists patient with intake or admitting processes including copying required documents
- Collects co - payments, co - insurance and deductibles and issues receipts
- Collects, records and balances payments
- Processes walk - in patients and visitors
- Answers phones and schedules appointments
- Manages medical records (maintains, files / scans, prepares for schedule)
- Ensures all correspondence is scanned and / or filed in timely manner
- Processes requests for medical records release and maintains appropriate logs, etc
- Submit daily request for referrals and test orders
- Assist physicians, as required in coordination of care for patients
- Provides high quality care and service excellence to our patients
- Participates in a variety of department initiatives
- Other duties and responsibilities, not specifically described, may be defined, or assigned from time to time, consistent with knowledge, skills and abilities of the incumbent by management
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- 1+ year of experience with data entry
- 1+ year of experience with different Medical Groups Insurances
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ year of experience working in a medical office setting
- ICD 10 and CPT coding experience
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California Residents Only: The hourly range for California residents is $16.00 to $27.31. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.