Patient Care Coordinator
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
We are looking for a Patient Care Coordinator. A Patient Care Coordinator provides direct customer service and front desk assistance for assigned department to include but not limited to admitting, registering, scheduling, verifying insurance and may perform charge entry functions, handles customer account transactions, provides customer assistance, and performs and/or oversees cashiering operations, adheres to policies, procedures and regulations to ensure compliance and patient safety and participates in Compliance and other important training is a condition of employment.
Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 am - 5 pm
- Provides direct customer service and front desk assistance for assigned department to include but not limited to registering, scheduling and verifying insurance and arriving patients. Electronic eligibility verification, updating patient demographics, ensure required referrals and prior authorization are in place for patient visit. Manage No-show list. Schedules wait list, follow-up, x-ray, referral appointments
- Handles customer account transactions, provides customer assistance, and performs and/or oversees cashiering operations. Responsible for obtaining “expert” level knowledge of the inter-workings of various insurance plans and staying abreast of insurance plans in the process of being added, deleted or changed. Collection of co-pays, co-insurance, self-pay, fee-for-service, and payment on account
- Reconciles daily cash deposit in accordance cash balance policy and procedures. Settlement of EDC credit card machines to include reconciliation of transactions against settlement
- May be required to analyze medical records and charge entry information for financial reimbursement within the guidelines and procedures. Work TES charge entry edits
- Adheres to policies, procedures and regulations to ensure patient safety and regulations. May attend departmental meetings and provide constructive recommendations for areas improvement
- Other duties as assigned
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- 1+ year of front office medical experience
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ year of medical reception related experience
- Medical Receptionist certificate from an accredited institution
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.