Mammography Tech - Las Vegas, NV
***$5,000 Sign on Bonus for External Candidates***
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Performs mammography procedures per department protocol. Responsible for daily operations of the mammography room including patient schedules, quality assessment of equipment and reporting equipment failures.
Primary Responsibilities (In order of importance, describe 4-8 primary duties including what is done and why. This is not a list of every activity performed. It is a summary of the most important tasks and their expected results):
- Greets and prepares patients for examination, explains specific procedures to be performed
- Performs screening or diagnostic mammography exams using excellent positioning and exposure techniques and examines developed films for technical quality. Follows written order or self-referral policy
- Conducts quality control tests following ACR, Manufacture Quality Control Manuals and department policy and procedure manuals
- Ensures both patient images and quality control tests are processed appropriately and stored in PAC's
- Correctly begins and ends all patients in the Imagecast RIS system
- Maintains current ARRT, CPR, and State of Nevada certifications; provides supervisor with proof of continuing education
- Uploads comparison CD’s into PAC’s
- Ensures all associated paperwork is scanned into PAC’s or sent to HIM’s
- May also be assigned to other modalities provided incumbent is certified or licensed in those modalities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an approved AMA Radiologic Technology program
- Nevada State Mammography and Radiology license
- Current CPR certification, annual TB testing, and annual mask fit testing
- 1+ years of experience
- Advanced knowledge of radiology equipment, testing and safety hazards related to radiology
- Advanced knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of mammography procedures and diagnosis
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Basic computer skills, RIS and PACS
- Porven excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to effectively communicate technical procedures and results with patients and providers
- Skilled in properly positioning patients to provide quality imaging
Working Conditions (i.e. exposure to hazardous materials, heavy lifting, normal office environment, etc.)
Exposure to radiation, risk of exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues. Must be flexible to work overtime and on call as needed. May rotate within Imaging Services Department to include satellite offices, reliable transportation required.
The Supervisor/Manager is to determine the physical requirements necessary to perform the essential functions of the job to complete this form. All questions must be answered and every “Activity” and “Weight” must have an entry. Enter the maximum amount of time or weight per day for each activity. (The total hours marked does not need to add up to the total hours of the shift.)
- Bending (Waist)
- Crouching (Squatting)
- Twisting (Neck)
- Twisting (Waist)
- Reaching (Above or below shoulder)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $27.07 to $53.08. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.