Patient Care Coordinator - The Polyclinic, Seattle, WA-Sign on bonus 2000
$2,000 Sign on Bonus for External Candidates
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Optum’s Pacific West region is redefining health care with a focus on health equity, affordability, quality, and convenience. From California, to Oregon and Washington, we are focused on helping more than 2.5 million patients live healthier lives and helping the health system work better for everyone. At Optum Pacific West, we care. We care for our team members, our patients, and our communities. Join our culture of caring and make a positive and lasting impact on health care for millions.
Under minimal supervision, coordinates and schedules all procedures into the scheduling system for all providers, technicians, rooms and equipment when applicable. Works as a liaison between physicians/office staff, patients and the service department to provide accurate and complete schedules for procedures. Provides instruction to patients regarding procedural preparation. Adheres to the policies and the policies of the department or facility providing service.
- Schedules procedures appropriately. May interact with various scheduling tools
- Fills empty spaces on schedules as cancellations occur from patient waiting list
- Identify scheduling conflicts, notify appropriate people, and rearrange schedules to eliminate conflicts
- Calls patients from specialty referral list to arrange for preventive screenings when applicable
- Accurately takes basic historical data and documents to facilitate procedural scheduling and follows protocols and guidelines for appropriate procedure/test
- Communicates patients concerns of change in health status to MD or MA staff
- Communicates clinical information with other clinic disciplines regarding procedures (Anticoagulation clinic, Anesthesia, Hospital, radiology, interpretive services, etc.)
- Assists with patient recalls
- May interact directly with patients, physicians, staff daily to schedule and coordinate rooms, equipment, supplies and procedural/testing schedules as well as coordination of billing for appropriate services
- May perform insurance pre-authorization when applicable
- May submit charges for services rendered when applicable
- Provides established written instructions and instructs patients regarding appropriate procedures on preparations for procedure, medication and dietary restrictions for procedures
- Instructs patients to proper location for tests
- Asks appropriate questions regarding insurance/referral needs
- Reviews paperwork from primary care office to assure patient is appropriately referred for screening or other procedure
- Reviews medical history with patient before scheduling procedures
- Determines from basic history information per protocol whether patient may go directly to procedure or will need office consult first
- Following written parameters, instructs patients on how to alter medications (insulin, Coumadin, etc.) in preparation for procedure
- Arranges for and verifies interpretive services are available for procedures
- Check voicemail often throughout the day
- Answer phone calls as they come into the department
- Prioritize phone calls and voicemail
- Communicates with clinical staff regarding urgent phone calls. Gather pertinent information for taking clear, complete telephone encounters (TEs) according to standard work (SW) and direct patient calls to clinical staff according to clinic policy
- Perform patient interviews over the phone for those patients scheduling by phone to make sure they are scheduling at the appropriate facility, and appropriate procedure
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school degree/GED or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- CPR Certification
- 2+ years of experience scheduling in a clinic or medical setting
- Experience or knowledge of insurance/referral authorization and scheduling procedures
- Experience with computer operations including Epic and PHS scheduling programs
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for Washington residents is $16.00 to $31.44. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.