Med Surg-Patient Care Tech-FT
Additional Information About the Role
- Full Time
- Night & Day Shifts Available
- Benefits Eligible
- $1000 Sign on Bonus Eligible
Memorial Hospital Belleville is an acute care hospital offering medical and surgical services plus critical and emergency care including Children’s at Memorial for pediatric emergency care. It provides patients a full complement of diagnostic and treatment services as well as heart and vascular care. Memorial, offering medical and surgical services plus critical care, is an accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care and is designated as an Acute Stroke Ready Hospital by the Illinois Department of Public Health. In addition, Memorial Belleville recently was accredited by the American College of Radiology as a designated Lung Cancer Screening Center. Since 2008, it has been designated as a Magnet®-recognized organization for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Memorial Hospital Shiloh, a 94-bed, all-private suite hospital was recognized with Magnet status in 2018 and provides emergency care, labor & delivery, nursery, medical and surgical services plus critical care.
The Three South Medical/Surgical Unit of Memorial Hospital is a 19-bed unit operated on a 24-hour basis that provides the medical/surgical services for the hospital.
Provides direct patient care to support the licensed professional nurses responsible for a team of patients to ensure a safe environment for patients by reducing risk of harm. Collects vital information on the patient and reports such to the nursing team which contributes to the overall assessment of each patient and any changes to a patient's condition.
- Implements direct patient care under the supervision of the nurse, promoting patient and family centered care in a healing environment. Administers or assists patients with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs), performs vital signs, intake & output, fall and pressure ulcer prevention measures, urinary catheter care, phlebotomy, or point of care testing as requested.
- Collects clinical data and information on patients, and reports changes in patient status to the nurse.
- Assists nurse with patient and family education. Documents all patient care activities provided with correct medical terminology. Acts as 1:1 patient safety sitter as necessary.
- Ensures availability of supplies and equipment to meet each patient's needs.
- Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development.
- High School Diploma or GED
- No Experience
- No Experience
Licenses & Certifications
- Certified Nurse Assistant
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer