Patient Care Technician Development Training Program
Additional Information About the Role
- (Monday-Thursday 8:00 am to 3:00 pm)
- Saturdays 8:00am to 3:00pm for Clinicals
- Seven weeks of classroom activities held at Memorial Hospital in Belleville
- Great Opportunity to gain Knowledge and Credentials for the State of IL.
- Apply with Midwest CareerSource here
[Register to View] 24852091%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=fY0RHqd8FBmpm%2FvzBK377IyajIAD8Cw9FTG0r15ArMk%3D&reserved=0">https://forms.rediker.com/midwestcareer
Memorial Hospital Belleville is a 222-bed acute care Magnet® designated hospital offering emergency and critical care services as well as medical and surgical services along with a full complement of diagnostic and treatment modalities. Also located on the Belleville campus, The Orthopedic and Neurosciences Center offers a comprehensive rehabilitation program that includes physical, occupational, speech and hand therapy.
Memorial Hospital Shiloh is a 97-all private bed Magnet® designated hospital located in Shiloh, Illinois. Memorial Shiloh offers a 24/7 emergency department, medical, surgical and diagnostic services including cardiac catheterization, imaging and laboratory. The Family Care Birthing Center features 18 spacious LDRP suites, two dedicated c-section rooms, OB Emergency Department, 24/7 OB hospitalist and neonatology coverage. The Shiloh campus also has the only Illinois Siteman Cancer Center location.
Provides direct patient care to support the licensed professional nurses responsible for a team of patients to ensure a safe environment for patients by reducing risk of harm. Collects vital information on the patient and reports such to the nursing team which contributes to the overall assessment of each patient and any changes to a patient's condition.
- Implements direct patient care under the supervision of the nurse, promoting patient and family centered care in a healing environment. Administers or assists patients with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs), performs vital signs, intake & output, fall and pressure ulcer prevention measures, urinary catheter care, phlebotomy, or point of care testing as requested.
- Collects clinical data and information on patients, and reports changes in patient status to the nurse.
- Assists nurse with patient and family education. Documents all patient care activities provided with correct medical terminology. Acts as 1:1 patient safety sitter as necessary.
- Ensures availability of supplies and equipment to meet each patient's needs.
- Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certified Nurse Assistant
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer