Associate Patient Care Coordinator
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
A Registration Clerk works under general and direct supervision to perform various routine and complex clerical duties as defined in department operating procedures or supervisory instructions; deals regularly with other clinic or support operations personnel, patients, and other visitors to ensure excellent internal and public relations; works directly with insurance representatives and other vendors, suppliers, and sources to complete tasks; and processes a high volume of transactions with accuracy.
The primary duties of the Registration Clerk/Float job are office and operation support clerk duties and responsibilities in various departments and settings. The duties and responsibilities range from basic filing, reception, document distribution and like activities to those requiring progressively more advanced knowledge of specialized processes, and abilities to handle progressively more detailed and difficult transactions.
- Check-in process for patient arrivals
- Work queues and In-baskets in EMR
- Review and collect balances, including copayments and outstanding balances
- Receives, sorts, and files documents where appropriate
- Handles incoming and outgoing phone calls and fax messages in a timely manner
- Follows all department procedures relating to new and established patients
- Verifying insurance eligibility and benefits and making appropriate updates as needed
- Ensures the appropriate use of patient and other company related forms
- Ensures the proper collection and posting of payments on accounts and issues receipts
- Required to accurately balance collected monies and securing funds at all times
- Notifies appropriate personnel of entity records that need to be combined or deleted
- Schedules patients for appointments in accordance with scheduling criteria
- Performs electronic medical records functions
- Ensures the adherence to processes as dictated by policy, procedure, and the Registration Manual
Other Work as Required/Requested
- May be assigned special projects or other work tasks that are generally within the scope and level of the position, and relative to the need for flexible company operations as directed by supervisor or designee.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of general clerical, customer service or cash handling experience
- 1+ years of clerical experience in a medical office or healthcare environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
California Residents Only: The hourly range for California residents is $16.00 to $27.31. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.