Patient Care Coordinator
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.(sm)
The Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for the completion of set processes and protocols. Works cooperatively with all members of the care team to support the vision and mission of the organization, deliver excellent customer service and adhere to Lean processes. Supports the teams in meeting financial, clinical, and service goals.
- Ensure all patients and guests feel comfortable and welcome
- Accurately obtain and enter information in a timely manner and according to standards in the appropriate EHR systems
- Enter, review, or register all patient demographic and insurance information, insurance eligibility, collections of payments or copays, posting of collected payments from patients and order entry of each arriving patient
- Be organized and able to multitask in multiple EHR systems to find, retrieve and enter the appropriate orders to be collected
- Work well by yourself and/or ask for help, as you will usually be working independently
- Work and communicate well with many other teammates, as there will be a constant stream of phone calls and questions from our clients, clinics, patients, and teammates
- Crosstrain to cover the other locations within Colorado Springs as needed
- Crosstrain to cover Saturday mornings from 8am to 11am at the 1625 MCP draw site on a rotation basis
- Work in RIS system to ”arrive” and schedule Radiology patients as needed
- Work in LIS system to place patient orders for Laboratory patients as needed
- Review and retrieve Lab results from reference lab systems as needed
- Communicate professionally with other teammates, clinics, providers, and patients both in person and on the phone
- Know when and how to ask for help and clarify any questions or concerns brought to you by other teammates, clinics, providers, and patients both in person and on the phone
- Monitor waiting areas, screen and distinguish emergent or STAT situations and notify the proper personnel as needed
- Answer, handle, or redirect any questions about our organization to better help our patients
- Other duties as assigned
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) OR 1+ years of customer service experience
- 1+ years of medical customer service experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Previous customer service experience, preferably in a medical related field
- Previous laboratory experience
- Ability to communicate both written and verbally with the public and clients
- Adapt to a fast-paced environment and multi-task under pressure
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solver, detail oriented, reliable, and a self-starter
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Communicate messages accurately to patients, teammates, and employees of outside facilities such as medical offices and pharmacies in a positive and professional manner
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $16.00 to $27.31. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.