Associate Patient Care Coordinator
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data, and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
The Associate Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for general clinic office functions that support efficient and effective patient care including patient registration, insurance verification, collection of applicable co-insurance and/or co-payments and scheduling of diagnostic and follow-up appointments and answering phones.
Schedule: Monday to Friday 7:30am-4:30pm
Location: 4330 Medical Dr. San Antonio, TX 78229
- Greets patients as they arrive and manage appropriate standard wait times
- Complete check-in and check-out tasks to include insurance verification, complete pre-authorizations and/or precertification of procedures, and copy required documents
- Collects co-payments, co-insurance, and deductibles and issues receipts
- Manages cashier box and daily deposits according to company policies
- Processes walk-in patients and visitors
- Answers phones and schedules appointments
- Answer telephone calls, re-direct calls as appropriate, assist callers with questions or concerns, and take messages as needed
- Manages medical records (maintains, files/scans, prepares for schedule)
- Ensures all correspondence is scanned and/or filed, processes requests for medical records release and maintains appropriate logs, etc.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and the public
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of related medical office experience including data entry
- 1+ years of strong communication and customer service experience both in person and via phone
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft applications
- ICD 10 and CPT coding experience
- Prior experience with EMR computer applications
- Spanish Speaking
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Working knowledge of general office procedures
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.