Patient Care Tech
- Full Time
- Day & Night Shifts Available
- Benefits Eligible
- $1000 Sign On Bonus Eligible
Additional Preferred Requirements
- CNA-Certified Nurse Assistant
BJC HealthCare is one of the largest nonprofit health care organizations in the United States, delivering services to residents primarily in the greater St. Louis, southern Illinois and southeast Missouri regions. With net revenues of $5.5 billion and more than 30,000 employees, BJC serves patients and their families in urban, suburban and rural communities through its 15 hospitals and multiple community health locations. Services include inpatient and outpatient care, primary care, community health and wellness, workplace health, home health, community mental health, rehabilitation, long-term care and hospice.
BJC is the largest provider of charity care, unreimbursed care and community benefits in the state of Missouri. BJC and its hospitals and health service organizations provide $785.9 million annually in community benefit. That includes $410.6 million in charity care and other financial assistance to patients to ensure medical care regardless of their ability to pay. In addition, BJC provides additional community benefits through commitments to research, emergency preparedness, regional health care safety net services, health literacy, community outreach and community health programs and regional economic development.
BJC’s patients have access to the latest advances in medical science and technology through a formal affiliation between Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital with the renowned Washington University School of Medicine, which consistently ranks among the top medical schools in the country.
Provides direct patient care to support the licensed professional nurses responsible for a team of patients to ensure a safe environment for patients by reducing risk of harm. Collects vital information on the patient and reports such to the nursing team which contributes to the overall assessment of each patient and any changes to a patient's condition.
- Implements direct patient care under the supervision of the nurse, promoting patient and family centered care in a healing environment. Administers or assists patients with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs), performs vital signs, intake & output, fall and pressure ulcer prevention measures, urinary catheter care, phlebotomy, or point of care testing as requested.
- Collects clinical data and information on patients, and reports changes in patient status to the nurse.
- Assists nurse with patient and family education. Documents all patient care activities provided with correct medical terminology. Acts as 1:1 patient safety sitter as necessary.
- Ensures availability of supplies and equipment to meet each patient's needs.
- Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certified Nurse Assistant
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer