Part-time SSM Patient Care Coordinator - Ripon, WI
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Responsible for providing patient-oriented service in a clinical or front office setting; performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties related to the delivery of patient care, including greeting and checking in patients, answering phones, collecting patient co-pays and insurance payments, processing paperwork, and performing other front office duties as required in a fast-paced, customer-oriented clinical environment.
This position is part-time (20 hours/week) Saturday and Sunday 9:00am-7:00pm. Additional shifts may be available upon request. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 845 Parkside St, Ripon, WI 54971.
We offer weeks of paid on-the-job training. The hours of training will be during your shift. Training will be conducted onsite.
- Communicates directly with patients and / or families either in person or on the phone to complete the registration process by collecting patient demographics, health information, and verifying insurance eligibility / benefits
- Utilizes computer systems to enter access or verify patient data in real - time ensuring accuracy and completeness of information
- Gathers necessary clinical information and verifies insurance coverage
- Collects patient co-pays as appropriate and conducts conversations with patients on their out-of-pocket financial obligations
- Identifies outstanding balances from patient’s previous visits and attempts to collect any amount due
- Responsible for collecting data directly from patients and referring provider offices
- Responds to patient and caregivers' inquiries related to routine and sensitive topics always in a compassionate and respectful manner
- Generates, reviews and analyzes patient data reports and follows up on issues and inconsistencies as necessary
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of specific registration requirements for all areas, including but not limited to: Main Admitting, OP Registration, ED Registration, Outpatient Surgery, Urgent Care, and Rehabilitation units.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent experience
- 1+ years of computer experience
- 1+ years of Customer Service experience such as hospital, office setting, customer service setting, or phone support
- Ability to work part-time (20 hours/week) Saturday and Sunday 9:00am-7:00pm. Additional shifts may be available upon request. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
- Previous EPIC experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Understanding of insurance policies and procedures
- Ability to perform basic mathematics for financial payments
- Experience in requesting and processing financial payments
- Experience in a Hospital Patient Registration Department, Physician office or any medical setting
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
Physical and Work Environment:
- Standing for long periods of time (10 to 12 hours) while using a workstation on wheels and phone/headset
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.