Patient Care Coordinator
Opportunities with New West Physicians. Bring your passion for health care to New West Physicians in Colorado, a team committed to providing excellent service to every patient…every time. We’re not only one of the largest physician groups in Colorado with 21 offices throughout the Denver Metro area - we’re also part of Optum, a nationwide family of over 53,000 dedicated physicians working together to help people live their healthiest lives. That means we’re backed by the resources of a global health care organization working to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. New West Physicians has received national awards for providing high quality health care in Colorado. It’s all possible because of our highly qualified, board-certified family practice and internal medicine physicians, hospitalists, cardiologists, gastroenterologists, psychiatrists, endocrinologists, neurologists, physiatrists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners - and more. If this sounds like the place for you, it’s time to take a closer look at New West Physicians and discover a path to your life’s best work. (sm)
The Patient Care Coordinator greets and registers patients in a prompt, pleasant and helpful manner, as well as instructs, directs, and schedules patients and visitors. The receptionist receives cash payments from patients, issues receipts and posts cash payment data.
Schedule: Monday - Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (position may require early hours pending business needs)
Location: 13402 W. Coal Mine Ave Ste 300, Littleton, CO 80127
- Assist in answering incoming phone calls in a prompt and professional manner
- Return calls as appropriate
- Connect and disconnect answering service, and follow up on messages received from answering service
- Assist in taking phone messages in a concise and complete manner
- Ensure phone calls will not be left on hold for excessive periods of time
- Assist “unscheduled” emergencies to the point that medically trained personnel may take over
- Greet and check in patients in a courteous and friendly manner, verify and update necessary information in the medical record
- Check patient’s balances and account status. Refer to patient representative as needed
- Assist patients with ambulatory difficulties
- Verify all demographic and financial information on established patients
- Obtain and receive information necessary for the preparation of a new patient record
- Enter patient data in the computer, and scan the insurance card and driver’s license in Allscripts
- Receive payments from patients and issue receipts including reconciling daily cash and cash drawer
- Schedule appointments and verify prior to the scheduled time
- Other responsibilities as assigned
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service experience with strong communication both in person and via phone
- Beginner level of proficiency in Microsoft Office
- 1+ years of experience with electronic health records
- 1+ years of office administrative / receptionist / clerical experience in a medical environment
- 1+ years of related healthcare experience, including scheduling experience
- 1+ years of experience handling and triaging of telephone calls and a multi-system phone line
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to handle cash and to count money at high volumes including mathematical computations
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $16.00 to $31.44. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.