Senior Tech Support Specialist
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data, and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
The Senior Tech Support Specialist position deploys, maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs a variety of customer hardware and software throughout Northern Light Health. Estimates and oversees projects, complex work requests and tasks, and other technical requests. Evaluates technical products and customer environments and recommends solutions. Provides Tier 2 and 3 support in all areas of the departmental service portfolio. Largely self-directed once assigned work and functions with considerable independence.
Location: 200 Kennedy Memorial Dr, Waterville, ME 04901
- Provides excellent customer service to all levels of employees including customers, peers, and leadership
- Participates and engages in team meetings, team building activities, and other opportunities to strengthen the department
- Leads by example
- Acts as backup for certain departmental leadership functions
- Communicates in a professional, positive and timely manner in person, on the phone, and via electronic means
- Represents the department and company in a positive and professional manner
- Participates in the evaluation and estimation of routine work requests and minor projects
- Participates in the orientation of new team members
- Adheres to all Optum/UGH, Northern Light Health and departmental policies and procedures
- Creates, follows, maintains and updates as necessary documentation and checklists to ensure efficiency and consistency
- Uses advanced troubleshooting methodologies that provide efficient, effective resolution and minimize impact to the customer
- Maintains detailed and accurate records in workload management, asset management and administrative applications
- Adheres to deadlines
- Actively maintains education and cross-training on all departmental areas of expertise
- Maintains required certifications and prepares and leads training for staff within the department
- Leads small inter- and intra-departmental committees and groups as requested by supervisor
- Assists management in identifying opportunities for process improvement within the department
- Assists customers with understanding total cost of ownership issues related to hardware and software
- Works conscientiously to minimize cost and time requirements in all areas of departmental responsibility
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) OR 4+ years of technical support experience
- 3+ years of technical support experience
- 3+ years of customer service experience
- 1+ years of experience working in a hospital
- 1+ years of Network Services experience
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.