Med Tech II (Core Lab) - Plainsboro, NJ - Full Time (Night Shift) HIRING BONUS AVAILABLE
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Why Join Our Team?
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is currently seeking a full-time Med Tech to work the night shift within the Core lab. Join Penn Medicine Princeton- Our friendly, accomplished team of enthusiastic Medical Laboratory Technologists and Technicians welcomes you to join us in our state of the art Clinical Laboratory located on our beautiful Princeton NJ hospital campus. Working alongside our talented professionals you will have the opportunity to share and enhance your skills and knowledge in the field of laboratory medicine, sharing in our tuition reimbursement program, as well as many additional benefits. Working within the Core Lab will allow you to exercise and enhance your skills in Chemistry, Hematology and Blood Bank. Apply and join us as we advance the field of Laboratory Science together.
*HIRING BONUS AVAILABLE - UP TO $10K*- COMPETITVE NEW RATES!
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
· Complies with all responsibilities of Med Tech I
· Assists supervisor in test and method validations
· Assists in administering and maintaining proficiency testing programs
· Advanced maintenance and quality assurance knowledge
· Participate in competency assessment and training
Benefits You’ll Receive at PMPH/Penn Medicine:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, RX coverage plan options that best fit your personal & family needs
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts (FSA/HAS) to save pre-tax dollars
- 403b Retirement Savings: Our employer contribution begins on Day 1 of your employment
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits that give you the work-life balance today’s world needs
- Prepaid tuition assistance is available to benefit-eligible employees for approved courses of study after completing six months of employment.
What We Require for this Role:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical, biological, or laboratory science/medical technology science required.
- Non-US based education/ Education obtained abroad needs to be evaluated and certified as per US Standards (This evaluation and recognition can be obtained via World Services Education (WES)) - REQUIRED
Related Work Experience
- Minimum of five years’ recent experience in laboratory setting required.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENT
· Medical Technologist (ASCP or NCA), Medical Laboratory Scientist (ASCP), or previously qualified as Medical Technologist prior to 2/28/92 under 42CFR493.1427 (3/14/90) REQUIRED.
· If candidate does not possess ASCP certification, they must be eligible to take the exam within 6 months of hire.We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.