Patient Access Rep I - SLU Hospital - St. Louis, MO (107676404)
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
As Patient Access Representative I, we are often the first point of contact for our patients and their families. As such we value representing an important first impression. Our professionalism, expertise and dedication help ensure that our patients receive the quality of care they need. We are diligent in obtaining complete and accurate insurance and demographic information in a timely manner, this enable us to provide high quality, compassionate health care service to all who need them, regardless of their ability to pay.
This position is full-time. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 10:00am – 6:30pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 1201 South Grand Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63104.
- Communicates directly with patients and / or families either in person or on the phone to complete the registration process by collecting patient demographics, health information, and verifying insurance eligibility / benefits
- Responds to patient and caregivers inquiries related to routine and sensitive topics always in a compassionate and respectful manner
- Organizes and schedules patient services and appointments for referrals or follow-ups ensuring proper information is forwarded to practitioners
- Utilizes computer systems to enter access or verify patient data in real - time ensuring accuracy and completeness of information
- Generates, reviews and analyzes patient data reports and follows up on issues and inconsistencies as necessary
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 6+ months experience in an office setting, customer service setting (over the phone or face to face) or phone support role or call center environment
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Must be available to work any shift of days, evenings, overnight and weekends
- Ability to work full-time between 10:00am – 6:30pm including the flexibility to work occasional overtime given the business need
- Ability to work at 1201 South Grand Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63104
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- 1+ years of Registration experience in a hospital or medical setting
- Working knowledge of insurance policies and procedures and patient care settings
- Understanding of medical terminology
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #RED