Patient Access Representative - Mount Vernon, IL (111000783)
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
Employees in this position will work as an extension of medical practices by making appointments, addressing general inquiries, and making referrals.
The ideal candidate for this role is one who enjoys continually adapting to a fast-paced, team-oriented, and goal driven work environment. You must be a strong communicator, respectful and professional in your consumer-facing demeanor, and be an attentive listener in order to resolve consumer issues effectively and efficiently.
Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential in order to successfully communicate with a diverse consumer population and team. You will be required to handle multiple tasks while demonstrating independent thinking and problem-solving skills.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 9:00am - 5:30pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 1 Good Samaritan Way, Mount Vernon, IL 62864.
- Answer inbound calls from patients and providers regarding appointments and general inquiries
- Refer calls to nurse triage team according to protocols
- Track appointments and document information completely, timely, and accurately
- Make outbound calls to remind patients of appointments or to coordinate resolution of care opportunities with patients, providers, and pharmacies.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to issues and show proactive behavior in addressing customer needs
- Escalate transactions when defined by protocols.
- Demonstrate active listening and empathy in all interactions.
- Demonstrate effective communication through proper tone, pace, volume, grammar, and pronunciation.
- Demonstrate courtesy in each interaction
- Control the interaction to ensure each of the consumer’s inquiry is handled completely and efficiently.
- Meets key performance goals established including quality and attendance.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA requirements.
- Other duties, as assigned.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of telephonic customer service experience or in-person customer service experience, handling moderate to complex transactions
- 1+ years of healthcare experience, including familiarity with medical terminology
- Basic computer experience using a keyboard and mouse and moving between screens
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel (create, edit and save spreadsheets)
- Ability to work onsite in 1 Good Samaritan Way, Mount Vernon, IL 62864
- Ability to work full-time, Monday - Friday between 9:00am – 5:30pm including the flexibility to work occasional overtime given the business need
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Experience working in a physician, provider, and/or medical office
- Knowledge of electronic medical record systems and practice management systems
- Ability to identify with a consumer in order to understand and align with their needs and realities
- Ability to perform effective active listening skills to empathize with the customer in order to develop a trust and respect
- Ability to take responsibility and internally driven to accomplish goals and recognize what needs to be done in order to achieve a goal(s)
- Ability to turn situations around and go above and beyond to meet the needs of the customer
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #RED