Patient Access Representative I - Evening - Onsite - Baraboo, WI (111819530)
Join Us for Our National Virtual Job Fair
Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 11am CST
Connect from your smartphone, tablet, or computer to learn more about our exciting opportunities Nationwide!
Register here for the event at: https://uhg.hr/2022JulyNationalVirtualCareerFair
We strongly encourage you to apply in advance of the event if you are interested in this opening. Attendance at the event isn't required to be a candidate for potential employment.
$2000 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
USMD part of OptumCare is a multi - specialty group of hospital, clinics and physicians. USMD serves the Dallas - Fort Worth metropolitan area with more than 250 physicians and associate practitioners, and provides healthcare services to patients in more than 20 different specialties at its 2 hospitals, 4 cancer treatment centers and nearly 50 physician clinics, many of which are multi - specialty.
The Patient Access Representative I is responsible for greeting patients and collecting, recording and balancing payments.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday with rotating weekends - every other weekend; 3:00pm-11:00pm CST. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 707 14TH STREET, BARABOO, WI, 53913.
We offer 6 weeks of training. The hours during the first week of training will be 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM CST. Subsequent training times are negotiable.
- Greets patients as they arrive and manages 20 minute wait time
- Assists patient with intake processes including copying required documents
- Collects co - payments, co - insurance and deductibles and issues receipts
- Manages cashier box and daily deposits according to company policies
- Processes walk - in patients and visitors
- Answers phones and schedules appointments
- Manages medical records (maintains, files / scans, prepares for schedule)
- Ensures all correspondence is scanned and / or filed in a timely manner
- Processes requests for medical records release and maintains appropriate logs
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift between the hours of 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM CST including the flexibility to work every other weekend based on business need
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- 3+ years of Customer Service experience
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook (ability to create, edit, save, and send correspondence)
- Previous money handling experience
- Ability to accurately sort and file materials by alphabetic or numeric systems
- Effective communication and customer service skills
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Receptionist, Customer Service, Patient Access Representative, Front Office, Check In / Out, Collecting Copays, Scheduling, Insurance Verification, Referral Coordinator, hiring immediately, #RPO, Sign-On Bonus, #red, Health Information Analyst, MO Clare, Fenton, MO, Missouri, SSM, SSM Health