Patient Access Representative (Night Shift) - Fenton, MO
$2,000 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
As Registration Representative / Patient Access, we are often the first point of contact for our patients and their families. As such we value representing an important first impression. Our professionalism, expertise and dedication help ensure that our patients receive the quality of care they need. We are diligent in obtaining complete and accurate insurance and demographic information in a timely manner, this enable us to provide high quality, compassionate health care service to all who need them, regardless of their ability to pay.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) 11:30pm-8:00am Monday-Saturday. Shifts will be based on the specific department and may be comprised of 4, 6, 8, 10, or 12 hours. Additional information will be provided during the interview process. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 1015 Bowles Ave. Fenton, MO 63026.
- Communicates directly with patients and / or families either in person or on the phone to complete the registration process by collecting patient demographics, health information, and verifying insurance eligibility / benefits
- Responds to patient and caregivers inquiries related to routine and sensitive topics always in a compassionate and respectful manner
- Organizes and schedules patient services and appointments for referrals or follow-ups ensuring proper information is forwarded to practitioners
- Utilizes computer systems to enter access or verify patient data in real - time ensuring accuracy and completeness of information
- Generates, reviews and analyzes patient data reports and follows up on issues and inconsistencies as necessary
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 6+ months experience in an office setting, customer service setting (over the phone or face to face) or phone support role or call center environment
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Must be available to work any shift of days, evenings, overnight and weekends
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Understanding of medical terminology
- 1+ years of Registration experience in a hospital or medical setting
- Working knowledge of insurance policies and procedures and patient care settings
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #YELLOW