Patient Access Lead - Chandler, AZ
$2,000 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
The Patient Access Lead functions as an integral member of the team and is the first point of contact for all persons inquiring about the provider’s practice. The primary role is to organize the practice’s daily activities and paperwork.
Typical shifts are 8 - 10 and start anywhere between 5:00am and 9:00pm, any day of the week. This could vary depending on business needs and additional information will be provided during the interview process. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional weekends and overtime. Our office is located at 1955 W FRYE RD.
- Leads or coordinates shift operations of assigned activities, resources, and staff
- Serves as a technical or functional resource and performs similar duties with staff
- Assigns, monitors, and reviews progress of work. Monitors and reports compliance with policies and/or procedures.
- Oversees and evaluates orientation and training of assigned associates. May provide input in the review and evaluation of staff performance.
- Identifies and corrects any errors found in the registration information
- Makes decisions on behalf of PAS management in their absense related to PAS policies and procedures
- Explains the Payment and Billing Assistance Program to all patients regardless of financial concerns or limitations
- Identifies outstanding balances from patient’s previous visits and attempts to collect any amount due
- Provides feedback to direct manager for implementation of process improvements, as evidenced by quality audits, trends and completed process improvement action items
- Works on Special Projects as needed
- Performs the duties of a Patient Access Specialist
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of Patient Access and/or Patient Registration experience
- 2+ years of experience analyzing and solving complex customer problems
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- 1+ years of experience with prior authorizations
- 1+ years of team lead experience in patient access
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Experience in insurance reimbursement and financial verification
- Experience with EPIC program
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Understanding of insurance policies and procedures
- Ability to perform basic mathematics for financial payments
- Experience in requesting and processing financial payments
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Standing for long periods of time (10 to 12 hours) while using a workstation on wheels and phone/headset
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.