Patient Service Specialist - Hudson, MA
$1,500 - Sign on bonus
Full Time -36 Hours - 12 Hour Shift
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group. When you join Reliant, you’ll be part of a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led medical group. Everyone works collaboratively on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. With the resources of a global health organization - Optum - behind us, we’re at the forefront of value-based care. Supported by a patient-centric business model - integrated care teams focus on the best patient care, rather than volume. Here, you’ll contribute to an exceptional patient experience. Discover a place where you can help shape the future of health care and do your life’s best work.(sm)
Position in this function coordinates the provision of multiple services to patients performing a full range of administrative support services for clinic/site including collection of co-payments, registration and scheduling of patients for medical procedures, tests, associated ancillary services and other related duties. Ensures the highest level of patient/customer satisfaction.
- Verifies, re-verifies and authorizes patient insurance coverage and eligibility utilizing computer-based patient registration/scheduling system. Verifies and updates demographic, insurance, and other patient information. Confirms, collects, and posts patient co-payments and other outstanding balances
- Generates and tracks patient encounter forms. Reviews patient encounter forms for completeness and resolves any discrepancies. Batches encounter forms and submit to appropriate billing area
- Maintains records and makes daily cash deposit as assigned
- Receives and addresses patient-care related telephone calls. Provides routine information on procedures and standard policies, refers matters to appropriate person within department/site
- Identifies problem related priorities, and responds to emergency needs by contacting/interrupting physician/provider within guidelines
- Resolves patients’ questions regarding clinic schedules and billing concerns; handles requests for prescription refills, reschedules appointments, etc.
- Documents appropriate information in computer system. Prepares patient charts. Ensures completeness by locating test results, reminding patients of appointments, including appropriate forms, etc., for patient appointments
- Updates and maintains Telephone Message System (TMS) in computer system. Follows through on requests. Distributes messages to appropriate provider or others for appropriate action
- Enters new referrals or ensures that existing referral numbers are linked in the system to ensure managed care requirements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School diploma
- Superior customer service skills including the ability to multi-task and resolve patient concerns in a timely manner
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Physical health sufficient to meet the ergonomic standards and demands of the position.
Unless certification, licensure or registration is required, an equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description, may be substituted for the above requirements.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.