Patient Access Supervisor - Noblesville, IN
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Patient Access Supervisor will be responsible for training the team, setting their priorities on performance and will be responsible in constantly coaching & motivating team members. This position will be responsible on team’s performance achievements by driving constant process improvement within the team.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am – 4:30pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 18077 River Road Suite 205 Noblesville, IN.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ADMINISTRATIVE AND SUPERVISORY FUNCTIONS
- Coordinates, supervises and is accountable for the daily / weekly / monthly activities of team members.
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion and performance goals are met, such as Quality, Adherence, Turnaround Time, Error corrections.
- Works with team members to establish performance standards for work assignments, monitors work status and progress including goals and objectives.
- Coordinates work activities with other supervisors, managers, departments, etc.
- Identifies and resolves operational problems using defined processes, expertise and judgment.
- Develops team members through coaching, feedback, mentoring, training, and guiding.
- Notifies management of possible employee performance or behavior problems.
- Conduct correction action plan (CAP) or termination process.
- Work with team members to develop goals and objectives.
- Conducts annual performance reviews for team members.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members.
- Values cultural diversity and other individual differences in the workforce, ensuring that the organization builds on these differences.
- Ensures employees are treated in a fair and equitable manner.
- Complies with all EEO obligations and responsibilities.
- Empowers employees and recognizes and rewards their contributions.
- Conducts interviews and participates in onboarding team members.
- Assists all staff in the interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Assesses current and future staffing needs based on organizational goals.
- Utilizes compensation data provided by Human Capital.
- Monitors expenditures in support of programs and policies.
- Identifies / recommends cost-effective approaches.
- Uses efficient and cost-effective approaches to integrate technology into the workplace and improve work processes.
- Supports and implements organizational technology changes.
- Ensures quality of work performed by direct reports in area(s) of responsibility.
- Commits to a focus on continuous improvement of workflow processes and procedures.
- Attends meetings and participates on committees as requested.
- Reviews current literature and attends training sessions and seminars to keep informed of new developments in the field.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as directed.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 3+ years of experience with insurance plans, physician referral processes and authorization/precertification processes.
- Ability to work onsite at 18077 River Road Suite 205 Noblesville, IN
- Ability to work full-time, Monday - Friday between 8:00am – 4:30pm including the flexibility to work occasional overtime given the business need
- Associate degree (or higher)
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.