Patient Service Representative - BJCMG
Additional Information About the Role
Full -Time Patient Service Rep( PSR) for in Chesterfield, MO.
- 10 or 12 hour days - somewhat flexible, some weekends might be available in the future.
- Checking in patients/copay collection/insurance verification/answering phones
- Epic experience
- 2-5 years of experience required
Why Join Us?
Work with a highly skilled, compassionate, supportive, and caring team
Growth Opportunities to learn new skills and advance (cross-train)
BJC Medical Group is the multi-specialty physician organization of BJC HealthCare and includes over 600 doctors and advanced practice providers who are affiliated with the top-ranked hospitals in the area.
Since 1994, BJC Medical Group has provided access to the world’s best medicine through caring people and integrated systems. The providers are nationally recognized for excellent patient satisfaction and quality health care.
BJC Medical Group physicians are trained and certified in over 25 medical specialties and serve patients in more than 125 locations in the greater St. Louis, mid-Missouri and southern Illinois areas.
The Patient Services Representative acts as the initial point of contact for front office activity and helps directs the patient flow process at the physician office. This position performs patient check-ins and appointment scheduling. This position also maintains patient financial records and may serve as a switchboard operator as needed.
ResponsibilitiesHandles telephone calls from patients and staff; forwards calls requiring triage.Performs receptionist duties with close attention to detail and professionalism.Verifies health insurance payment information and educates patients on the applicable regulations; collects payments and records data.Performs data entry of service charges, to include the assignment of diagnostic codes and the entering of all physician and clinic related charges.Coordinates information with Central Billing Office to ensure all charges are captured and properly collected.
EducationHigh School Diploma or GED
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer