Patient Safety & Quality Improvement Specialist
Additional Information About the Role
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital is seeking a Patient Safety & Quality Improvement Specialist. Responsbilities include assessing all safety events within the hospital and at the system level.
- This role will work closely with department clinical leaders. Previous clinical and leadership experience is a plus.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Barnes-Jewish Hospital's staff is composed of full-time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
The Patient Safety and Quality Department promotes exceptional care through coordination of Performance Improvement initiatives throughout clinical operations. Providing consultation, facilitation and assistance in the development, implementation and meas
Coordinates performance improvement and patient safety initiatives, providing guidance, education and assistance in the development, implementation and measurement for assigned projects, performance improvement initiatives and patient safety events.
ResponsibilitiesInvestigates and evaluates events for risk potential, loss minimization, and proper documentation in addition to using risk factors data to develop evidence-based Patient Safety interventions and process improvement strategies.Provides consultation and support to teams or departments related to performance improvement initiatives, regulatory compliance and patient safety events.Provides facilitation and support to teams and departments related to patient safety events.Participates in root cause analysis (RCA), failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), and cluster investigations.Assists departments in identifying and correcting regulatory compliance issues and participates in preparatory activities for regulatory agencies.
EducationBachelor's Degree - Business/Nursing/related
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
EducationMaster's Degree - Business/Nursing/related
Licenses & CertificationsLean/Six SigmaRN
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer