Additional Information About the Role
- Full Time and Part Time Positions Available.
- Shifts are Available from 5:00 AM to 11:30 PM.
- Full Time and Part Time Benefits Packages
- Engaging Personality a must, as you will be interacting with patients all day.
- This job required lots of walking while pushing wheelchairs, hospital beds, and other medical equiment.
- Most shifts will be full time, but there are a few part time shifts available in the evenings.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Barnes-Jewish Hospital's staff is composed of full-time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
The goal of the Patient Transport Department is to transport patients in a safe and timely manner throughout the medical complex, promote the safety and well being of all patients that we serve, and maintain transport equipment within the medical complex.� Patient Transport employs a state of the art Tele-Tracking system to facilitate and coordinate assignments throughout the hospital to support efficiency and customer/patient care.� Patient Transport offers career opportunities starting in entry level progressing into lead, trainer, supervisor, and management positions.
The Patient Transporter transports patients and/or items such as lab specimens and x-ray films to and from patient rooms and ancillary areas in a timely manner. Provides an acceptable flow of customer and miscellaneous items to and from different treatment areas, physician's offices, and other areas throughout the medical complex.
ResponsibilitiesTransports and lifts non-ambulatory patients, x-rays, medical records, specimens, and other special deliveries throughout hospital campus. Pays close attention to patient safety protocols.Keeps equipment clean and functional.Completes assigned tasks within department expectations.
EducationHigh School Diploma or GED
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
Licenses & CertificationsBasic Cardiovascular Life SupCPR/AED
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer