Patient Relations Liaison Float
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function is responsible for helping retain and grow site-level HMO membership and FFS patient volume by tracking and trending data to identify opportunities and tactics. Serves as the point of contact for prospective and existing patients as well as external partners such as such as brokers, agents and community members. Acts as the subject matter expert to guide patients on non-medical questions or concerns and patient / family navigator through our healthcare system to promote a positive patient experience.
- Partners with the front office and care teams to drive completion of new patient orientations and awareness of services
- Executes new patient onboarding, gives new patients a tour of the facility and explains benefits, forms and guidelines
- Implements best practices related to patient experience and partners with site team to implement processes to maximize patient retention
- Conducts patient outreach for new, termed and transitioned patients
- Coordinates service recovery activities at the site with Supervisor, Patient Relations and site management
- Supports provider transition action plan and membership retention efforts
- Manages and conducts prioritized outreach list and tracks outcomes related to SEP, age-ins, FFS conversion to managed care plans and working beneficiaries
- Partners with site management to address trends impacting patient retention
- Provides support including training on Medicare Madness, in-clinic processes for SEP and FFS conversion and site-specific initiatives that impact the site operations team (i.e. Patient Appreciation Day)
- Coordinates patient retention efforts related to M&A activities
- Plans and organizes retention events (e.g., thank you events for patients and caregivers, provider transition, open house, meet and greets, “Refer a Friend” classes, etc.) as well as in-clinic OEP / SEP / AEP and marketing events
- Develops, manages and maintains relationships with brokers, agents and community partners to expand base for prospective members
- Partners with marketing team to plan external marketing events and represents the organization at those events as needed
- Uses, protects, and discloses Optum patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- Performs additional duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 1+ years of post-high school education or a degree from a two-year college
- 1+ years of experience in a healthcare setting
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel)
- Maintains current understanding of health plan and regulatory changes as it affects the insurance needs of patients
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s degree
- Managed care and/or ambulatory care experience
- Experience in a quota-driven sales/marketing function
- Customer service experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Proven excellent communication skills
- Proven excellent customer service skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
California Residents Only: The hourly range for California residents is $22.45 to $43.89. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.