Patient Transporter - Full Time
- Full Time - 40 Hours Per Week - No Sundays
- Department operates from approximately 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- Shift Times Can be Discussed at Interview
- This Team works Rotating Weekends and Holidays
- Full Time Benefits
- Direct Patient Contact is Required
Additional Preferred Requirements
- BLS and/or CPR Certification is a Plus
- Preivious Hospital or Patient Care is a Plus
[Register to View] " width="139" alt="icims2?module=AppInert&action=download&id=96733&hashed=-[Register to View] " />
Christian Hospital is a full-service acute care community hospital located on 28 acres in north St. Louis County. Christian Hospital is noted for its excellence in heart services and lifesaving cardiothoracic surgery, emergency medicine, breast health services, orthopedic/spine surgery, hyperbaric wound care, pain management, vascular surgery, endocrinology, gastrointestinal care, stroke care, nephrology, therapy, radiology, urology, pulmonary care and treating sleep disorders.
Northwest HealthCare, located six miles west of Christian Hospital, provides the community 24-hour emergency care, with Washington University Physicians and St. Louis Children’s Hospital providing pediatric services. Northwest HealthCare is also home to the Sleep Disorders Center and a variety of full-service outpatient diagnostic and imaging services in a convenient setting.
The Patient Support Services takes exceptional care of the patients by managing and the coordinating lifts for non-ambulatory patients, transports patients to the various departments for treatment, and delivers x-rays, medical records, specimens, and other kinds of special deliveries throughout the medical complex.
The Patient Transporter transports patients and/or items such as lab specimens and x-ray films to and from patient rooms and ancillary areas in a timely manner. Provides an acceptable flow of customer and miscellaneous items to and from different treatment areas, physician's offices, and other areas throughout the medical complex.
ResponsibilitiesTransports and lifts non-ambulatory patients, x-rays, medical records, specimens, and other special deliveries throughout hospital campus. Pays close attention to patient safety protocols.Keeps equipment clean and functional.Completes assigned tasks within department expectations.
EducationHigh School Diploma or GED
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
Licenses & CertificationsBasic Cardiovascular Life SupCPR/AED
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer