Patient Dining Associate - Full Time
- Full Time - 36 Hours a Week
- Three 12 Hour Shifts 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM
- Rotating Weekends and Holidays
- Must be willing to enter a Patients room
- Will do multiple tasks in the kitchen area
- Full Time Benefits
Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital proudly serves the health care needs of families in St. Charles, Lincoln and Warren counties. The 102-bed community hospital provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services including the Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital, the Breast Health and Women’s Center, the Cardiology Center, the Neurosurgery Center and the Outpatient Surgery and Endoscopy Center.
Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital is an Accredited Chest Pain Center and carries a Level II stroke certification. Additionally, the hospital’s medical office building houses offices for specialists in primary care, cardiology, obstetrics, dermatology, surgery and pulmonology. Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital also offers outpatient services including physical therapy, a sleep lab, and cardio-pulmonary rehabilitation.
Performs patient meal service for the Department of Food and Nutrition. Responsible for patient meal service on assigned units. This includes menu selections, tray assembly, catering rounds, tray delivery and retrieval, recording of intake/calorie counts, special requests, galley/floor stock maintenance, and nourishment delivery. Communicates directly with nursing to obtain updated diet orders. Responds to patient, family and nursing needs.
ResponsibilitiesDelivers patient meals to assigned areas, documents meals and calorie intake and rounds on patients in accordance to department expectations.Assembles meal trays and menus in accordance to guidelines.Communicates patient diets, delivery of meals and special requests with patient care team.Maintains an organized and stocked galley.
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
EducationHigh School Diploma or GED
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer