Receptionist - Optum Tri-State - Allergy or Asthma
Optum in the tri-state region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group) offers an interconnected network that enables us to work collaboratively to better coordinate care among our doctors and care teams. Together, we offer you and your family access to more than 2,100 providers, representing 70 specialties, working in 360 medical practices and more than 55 urgent care locations across New York, New Jersey and Southern Connecticut.
We’re a dynamic and growing health care organization, offering a wide range of employment opportunities. We are seeking professional and dedicated individuals to be part of our team, where integrity, respect, accountability, and collaboration are among our core principles. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Tri-State brings patients local care, backed by national expertise. As a premier provider of health care services, Optum Tri-State offers services including primary care, urgent care, and a diverse range of specialty care, outpatient surgery, and imaging. Drawing on the knowledge of leading doctors and healthcare experts, Optum helps 1.6 million patients across 630 locations access high-quality, affordable healthcare within their community.
ProHEALTH Care is one of the largest integrated physician group practices in the New York Metropolitan Area with twenty locations throughout Long Island. ProHEALTH Care features more than 300 highly skilled physicians with outstanding credentials from nearly every medical specialty working together to care for thousands of patients each month. Many of our physicians are recognized for innovative medical achievements including writing award winning medical journals and conducting research studies.
As a part of the Optum tri-state, Pro Health NY is seeking a Receptionist to join our growing team . At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally.
- Greets patients as they arrive and manage appropriate standard wait times
- Complete check-in and check-out tasks to include insurance verification, complete pre-authorizations and/or precertification of procedures, and copy required documents
- Collects co-payments, co-insurance, and deductibles and issues receipts
- Manages cashier box and daily deposits according to company policies
- Processes walk-in patients and visitors
- Answers phones and schedules appointments
- Answer telephone calls, re-direct calls as appropriate, assist callers with questions or concerns, and take messages as needed
- Manages medical records (maintains, files/scans, prepares for schedule)
- Ensures all correspondence is scanned and/or filed, processes requests for medical records release and maintains appropriate logs, etc.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and the public
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) OR 4+ years customer service type experience
- 1+ year of customer service experience with solid communication skills both in person and via phone
- Working knowledge of general office procedures
- Intermediate proficiency of Microsoft applications
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of related work experience including data entry
- ICD 10 and CPT coding experience
- Prior experience with EMR computer applications
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH Care Associates, and Riverside Medical Group (the “Practices”) are all physician owned and led practices having complete authority for all medical decision-making and patient care through their physicians and other licensed professionals. Optum, through its management organizations (“Optum”) provides non-clinical administrative services to support the Practices and their physicians. Neither Optum nor its management companies employs, engages, or supervises physicians or other licensed professionals, or determines or sets the methods, standards, or conduct of the practice of medicine or health care provided by the Practices or by any of their licensed professionals. “Part of Optum” reflects that the Practices are part of Optum’s effort to support forward-thinking physician practices in helping their patients live healthier lives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.