Physician Hospitalist - $30K Sign-On - Las Vegas, NV
At OptumCare, we share what might be a surprisingly simple goal: making the health system work better for everyone. We look for people who relentlessly push themselves to go farther. For these high performers, a position on a team at OptumCare is a natural fit. We offer more than the talent, resources and can-do culture—we offer a place to improve the lives of others while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for a Hospitalist Physician to join our team in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Our Hospitalist are part of an integrated coordinated Medical Group treating Medicare Advantage Patients – focusing on value-based care
- Will be working a traditional 7 on 7 off schedule
- Closed ICU
- Our hospitalist team have an entire network of Optum employees working together, assuring that the patient is receiving the right care at the right time in a quality focused, compassionate manner
What makes an OptumCare Organization different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak for their license
- As one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organization in the country, Optum consistently delivers clinical outcomes that meet or exceed national standards
- We promote a culture of clinical innovation and transformation
- We are a top performer of the Quadruple Aim initiative in Southern Nevada
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community or our local organizations
- Productivity compensation model with bonus potential, sign-on bonus, and plenty of moonlighting opportunity if desired
- We offer comprehensive fringe benefits package, including medical, dental, and life insurance, STD/LTD, professional liability, matching 401K, executive savings plan, stock purchase option, relocation costs, one-week paid CME with $4500 allowance, and more
Top reasons to live in Las Vegas, Nevada:
- 300+ days of sunshine, annual average temperature of 70 degrees, beautiful desert flowers and red rock canyons
- The best of superstar shows, concerts, sporting events, restaurants and shopping available 365 days a year
- NO STATE INCOME TAX, affordable housing, wonderful recreation available: Red Rock Canyon, Lake Mead, Grand Canyon, Colorado River, Lake Powell, Mt. Charleston (11,000 ft elevation) are all nearby; Las Vegas is situated a short distance from 10 Scenic National Parks; Las Vegas is also a Golfers Paradise with 40+ neighborhood and championship courses
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- M.D. or D.O.
- Must have completed an accredited residency/fellowship training in specialty
- Must be board certified or Board Eligible in specialty
- Active medical license in Nevada or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Medical knowledge about established and evolving biomedical, clinical, epidemiological and social behavioral sciences and application of this knowledge to patient care
- Interpersonal and communication skills that result in effective information exchange and collaboration with patients, their families and other health professionals
- Possession of or acquisition of sufficient computer skills to effectively utilize Electronic Medical Records
- Practice-based learning and improvement that involves investigation and evaluation of their own patient care, appraisal and assimilation of scientific evidence and improvements in patient care
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Southwest Medical, an Optum Organization, is a multi-specialty group of Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants, consisting of over 200 providers, fourteen clinical locations including nine health care centers, five urgent care clinics and an outpatient surgery center. SWM offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. SWM is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
Careers with Optum. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Nevada residents is $267,300 to $348,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.