Hospitalist - The Everett Clinic, Everett, WA
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You already love the Northwest! Why not love your career, too?
Seeking a Hospitalist Physician to work in a spectrum of hospitalist roles within a value-based care delivery system. Time will be divided between traditional hospitalist work, ED focused hospitalist work, and day hospital/urgent care.
The common denominator is caring for complex Medicare advantage patients in unique and innovative ways, including alternatives to hospitalization. The most desirable candidate would have a strong background in adult medicine (hospitalist or similar), experience with high acuity care, complex patients, and comfort with prognostication.
Candidates should have interest in exploring unique models and caring for patients in different settings. Work settings include a large 500 bed safety-net hospital in Everett, Washington, (about 30 miles north of Seattle), and a nearby senior advantage clinic (expanded urgent care/day hospital for Medicare patients). You would work with an amazing team of hospitalists, ED physicians, and urgent care physicians. Details of each role are outlined below. The proportion of time spent in each role is negotiable based on interest and availability.
Work is shift based with excellent scheduling flexibility and ability to accommodate partial FTEs. You would enjoy a schedule of 14-16 shifts/month for full time FTE, including some afternoon swing shifts but no full overnight shifts.
This role involves evaluating ED patients at risk for admission and working with the ED physician to find alternatives.
- Screening Medicare Advantage patients who are admitted to PRMCE’s ED for risk of admission.
- Conferring with ED physician early in ED course and suggesting feasible alternatives to traditional hospitalization, including senior clinic follow-up, SNF admission, and home hospital/urgent care.
- Facilitating palliative care or hospice plans when appropriate Evaluate, document and manage chronic conditions on a subset of patients.
- Work with call us first RNs (in conjunction with SAAC clinic provider) to evaluate via phone or video visits patients who may need ER work-up.
- If appropriate, interface with patient in the ED.
- Candidates will function in a traditional hospitalist role in a community teaching hospital. We are a tight-knit team of 60+ MDs and 9 APCs dedicated to continuous improvement.
The Medical Hospitalist Team is very well supported with strong relationships with the ICU, ER, specialists and hospice. Our team has deep ties to Washington State University and is a training site for the new WSU internal medicine residency program: teaching is part of the hospitalist role.
Our providers enjoy a balanced lifestyle that allows them to explore the natural beauty here, travel abroad, and spend time with family while practicing excellent and innovative clinical care with a supportive environment and fascinating patients. With The Everett Clinic you will experience:
- Coordinated Care- across multiple disciplines and excellent communication
- Flexible shifts
- Epic EMR
- Variable and exciting patient care mix
- Patient Focused Environment
- Integrated Practice Unit- Collaborative care model working to facilitate disease management.
- Above Market Compensation
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Unrestricted WA State Medical License
- Current WA DEA certificate
- Board Certified Internal Medicine
- EMR proficient
- Ability to work both shifts on a full-time basis
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Self-starter with ability to practice with a high degree of independence
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Managed Care and Medi-Cal experience
- 1+ years’ experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.