Physician Assistant - Pediatric Hospitalist
Additional Information About the Role
- Benefit Eligible
- 40 Hours per Week
- Weekend & Holiday Rotation
- 12hr Shifts, Day Night Rotate or Straight Nights
Additional Preferred Requirements
St. Louis Children’s Hospital is dedicated to improving the health and lives of children. As one of the top-ranked children’s hospitals in the country, St. Louis Children’s provides care in more than 50 specialty areas through a dedicated team of physicians, nurses, staff and volunteers. Along with inpatient and outpatient medical care, the hospital offers education, wellness and injury-prevention programs to fulfill its mission to “do what’s right for kids.”
Providing comprehensive, high-quality care and serving as an advocate for children has been St. Louis Children’s commitment since its inception in 1879. Today, the hospital serves patients and families across a 300-mile service area, and has seen patients from all 50 states and more than 80 countries.
St. Louis Children’s consistently ranks among America’s Best Children’s Hospitals by U.S.News & World Report in all surveyed categories. In 2021, St. Louis Children’s was one of eight children’s hospitals to rank in the top 25 of all 10 specialties. The hospital’s academic and physician partner, Washington University School of Medicine, is one of the top-ranked medical schools in the United States. Since 2005, St. Louis Children’s has been designated as a Magnet® hospital for nursing excellence from the American Nurses Credentialing Center® (ANCC).
Utilizes a high degree of knowledge, skill and competence in a specialized area to coordinate, manage and evaluate the delivery of quality patient care. Serves as a role model, mentor, and preceptor for others. Enters into a formal collaborative practice agreement with physician(s) to support a designated clinical service.
- Manages the health care of select patient populations through advanced health assessment, diagnosis, intervention, and evaluation.
- Coordinates the care of select patient populations to ensure promotion of health and wellness through education of patients and families, coordination of services and placing referrals.
- Assesses development needs of staff and develops and delivers appropriate educational programs to meet staff needs.
- Develops treatment plans, treats patients with acute problems including illnesses and minor injuries following a predetermined protocol.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Accredited PA Program
- No Experience
- No Experience
Licenses & Certifications
- Physician Assistant
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer