Radiology Tech Per Diem Las Vegas NV
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare, is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for a new Radiology Technician to join our team.
- Following Physician’s orders, produces x-ray images per departmental protocol for the use in diagnosing medical problems
- Is able to verify all orders and makes appropriate communications and changes as necessary per department protocols
- Follows customer service protocols with internal/external staff
- Greets, and prepares correctly identified patient for examination
- Verifies correct exam and provider information with the patient and makes the appropriate communications as necessary
- Explains specific procedures to be performed in appropriate confidential areas
- Accurately maintains patients imaging records utilizing the radiology information systems, (R.I.S.), Touch Works (All scripts), and PACS/Synapse application in accordance to HIPAA, and established SMA guidelines, Policies and procedures as necessary and appropriate for their work
- Makes appropriate communication to appropriate persons as necessary
- Ensures correct processing of images utilizing the x-ray equipment and examines images for technical quality, diagnostic acceptability following the department Quality Assurance guidelines and Technologist Quality guidelines
- Operate a variety of equipment to include C Arm, Portable and mini C Arm
- Assist in the management of radiation safety program
- Maintains radiology equipment calling for service as necessary and makes appropriate communication
- Maintains work area in a neat/clean order
- Assist and maintains adequate supplies in the areas
- Prepares copies of images, preliminary reports, and follows the department protocol of releasing copies of images
- Follows all safety standards and work practices in the work place
- Uses radiation safety and practices when operating radiologic equipment that emits radiation
- Maintains attendance with work schedules
- May also be assigned to other modalities provided incumbent is trained passing department competencies, certified or licensed in those modalities
- May also be assigned to other sites, shifts, and dates based on operational needs
- Will comply with annual mandatory Fit testing, TB testing as a job requirement
- Maintain mandatory web courses as assigned
- Maintain licensures and certificates
- Willing to adopt and incorporate our company values (Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation, and Performance) into their daily standard practice
- Our expectation is that our value statement is shared with patients, physicians, staff, and peers
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
***$1000 Sign On Bonus *** (External hires)
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Graduate of AMA approved School of Radiological Sciences or other accepted and approved equivalent
- ARRT registered
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Associate’s degree in a related field
- 3+ years of experience in a radiology clinic with focused experience performing x-rays
- 1+ years of experience as a radiology technologist
- Experience working in an ASC or acute surgical setting
- Bilingual (Spanish)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $23.94 to $42.40. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.