Radiology Technologist, 3 days per week 8AM-8PM, North Little Rock
**$10,000 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES**
Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Radiologic Technologist, Full Scope (X-ray technologist, X-ray tech) or radiologic technologist, limited scope (limited scope X-ray operator, limited medical radiologic technologist, limited licensed technologist, LMRT, OR basic machine operator) is responsible for performing all Radiology services and other basic nursing duties as assigned. In addition, they ensure the well-being of patients and provide a positive, supportive environment while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced practice clinicians, front office and clinical staff.
This role is center-based and requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. It requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs. Hours may vary based on location, patient volume, and business needs.
Our teams utilize a collaborative working model to build connections across our centers and communities. The primary center for this position is North Little Rock, AR, though you may also operate in other local work sites on an as needed basis.
- Complete provider orders per state and provider regulations
- Perform accurate X-rays as ordered by the provider while practicing radiation safety precautions to include ALARA
- Prepare and transmit images to the radiologist for over-read, and report over-read results to providers
- Retrieve and archive radiographic reports
- Create/Burn CD’s in compliance with HIPAA regulations
- Perform detailed and accurate data collection during clinical intake of patients to include taking and recording vital signs and patient history
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam prep, etc.
- Complete occupational health testing including such services as urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair testing and physicals
- Complete patient referrals and patient callbacks daily
- Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and paper based documentation for all assessments and procedures
- Other basic nursing duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types of procedures, etc.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active, unrestricted and state appropriate Radiologic Technologist license and/or certification
- Maintain CEU/CME’s as applicable for licensure
- Currently affiliated with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) (e.g. Certified and Registered with ARRT or successfully passed the core modules of the ARRT limited scope of practice exams)
- MN: Applicants that have taken and passed the examination on or before January 1st, 2008 must have their original certificate or letter of passing from the examination center. No state issued letters will be honored. Applicants who have taken and passed the examination after January 1st, 2008 must now register with the state to receive the state issued certificate with their unique ID
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology
- Completed accredited radiology technology program (LMRT) and have passed the Core, Chest, Extremities, Skull/Sinuses and Spine ARRT limited scope of practice exams for radiography (TX, AR)
- Other state-specific details:
- AR limited licensed technologist is restricted to performing Ribs, Sternum, Hip/Pelvis & Abdomen studies
- VA License must also include Abdomen/Pelvis
- FL Basic Machine Operator only requires Core, Chest and Extremities, therefore, candidate must have previous experience performing Spine, Skull and Sinus exams
- Current X-ray certification and must meet all other applicable requirements by law including state licensure in radiology technology or must have obtained the passing certification letter, as applicable and required by state
- 2+ years of clinical experience in related field (including venipuncture and lab specimen collection, point of care testing, employer health services)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement.