Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
We are offering a $1,000 sign on bonus for full time new hires!
Perform all clinical radiographic procedures. Maintain quality standards and coordinates with other clinic areas to provide maximum level of service to patients. Operate and maintain area assigned in a professional manner.
- Perform all procedures offered by the Radiology Department
- Participates in routine rotation between and among all radiology departments
- Obtain correct/current clinical history on patients
- Check orders and patient identity prior to exam
- Transport all patients to and from department safely
- Process all films and ensure current and correct demographic data is on films
- Check technical quality of exam prior to dismissing patient and evaluate necessary criteria for acceptable films (ie, markers, collimation, gonadal shielding, anatomic structures)
- Clean equipment on a regular basis and maintain supplies and exam rooms
- Explain procedures in a compassionate and sensitive manner
- Strive to support and facilitate the radiology department with other company care sites and departments for the betterment of the patient’s experience
- Maintain department reports and records as requested by supervisor, department director and/or other regulatory agencies
- Perform general office duties of the department when needed to include but not limited to: answering telephones, scheduling and greeting patients
- Perform additional duties as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology
- Current CPR certification
- ARRT (R) certified
- 1+ years of experience in Radiologic Technology
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to solve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to work without direct supervision within the guidelines set by the department
- Ability to work for long periods under pressure
- Ability to Work at computer terminal for long intervals
- Ability to communicate with patients, co-workers, providers and supervisors in a professional manner and be sensitive to the needs of both internal and external customers
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $22.45 to $43.89. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.