We have opportunities for Mammo, X-Ray, MRI and Ultrasound Techs in multiple Service Lines to join our teams at Optum Tri-State. We have needs in Putnam, Dutchess and Westchester Counties!
Opportunities with Optum in the Tri-State region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group). Come make a difference in the lives of people who turn to us for care at one of our hundreds of locations across New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Work with state-of-the-art technology and brilliant co-workers who share your passion for helping people feel their best. Join a dynamic health care organization and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Under the direction of a radiologist, performs diagnostic computerized tomography examinations at technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment, with ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiographic diagnosis. Assumes responsibility for designated areas of procedures as required.
- Positions patients and adjusts equipment for performing requirements scans following established procedures and protocols
- Explain procedures and observe patients to ensure safety and comfort during scan
- Use radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with government regulations and to ensure safety of patients and staff
- Performs examinations as ordered.
- Authorizes release of patients upon completion of examination
- Maintains and cleans examination rooms. Stocks necessary medical and radiologic supplies
- Responsible for quality control, and documentation of necessary medical requirements
- Assists in department as needed
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested
- Enhances professional growth through education programs, conferences, and workshops
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- Completion of a course in imaging technology approved by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- Current License with the state of New York as a Certified Radiologic Technologist
- Current certification (ARRT) with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and Board Certified.
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
- 1+ years of experience as a Technologist
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
New York Residents Only: The hourly range for New York residents is $27.07 to $53.08 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.