Opportunities with Optum in the Tri-State region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group). Come make a difference in the lives of people who turn to us for care at one of our hundreds of locations across New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Work with state-of-the-art technology and brilliant co-workers who share your passion for helping people feel their best. Join a dynamic health care organization and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
CareMount Medical, P.C. is the largest independent multispecialty medical group in New York State, providing comprehensive medical care of the highest quality to over 640,000 patients in more than 45 locations throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia, and Ulster counties and New York City. Founded in 1946 as Mount Kisco Medical Group, CareMount has grown to over 600 physicians and advanced practice professionals representing more than 40 different medical specialties. CareMount is affiliated with world-class organizations including Massachusetts General Hospital, Mount Sinai Health System, and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. CareMount offers on-site laboratory and radiology services, endoscopy and infusion suites, and operates eight urgent-care centers. Our physicians are frequently recognized as best doctors in respected publications and have been featured in lists including New York Magazine's "Best Doctors," Westchester and Hudson Valley Magazine's "Top Doctors" as well as in Castle Connolly Medical's "Top Doctors." For additional information about CareMount Medical and its specialties, please visit: www.caremountmedical.com.
The group has always maintained a firm commitment to each of our patients...to provide high quality medical and surgical care in a warm, friendly setting, and in a caring manner. Each and every member of our professional and support staff is dedicated to this ideal - physicians, nurses, technicians and support personnel.
- LOCATION: Mount Kisco, NY
- HOURS: Monday - Friday
- The Radiology Scheduler I is responsible for scheduling exams, providing optimum service to the customer and supporting the department to effectively and efficiently maximize schedules.
- Answer phones and guide patients by kindly talking them through the steps and answering their questions and concerns
- Scheduling radiology procedures in an organized and efficient manner
- Input/update patient information in our medical system
- Communicate with the Physicians, medical offices, patients and family as well as insurance companies
- Perform insurance verifications and authorizations
- Participate in various projects and/or meetings, and complete other tasks as assigned by management
- Knowledge of computers, fax machines and other related office equipment
- Communicate scheduling issues with management
- Knowledge of medical terminology and radiology procedures and requirements
- Detail-oriented and follow through with information or need of information
- Compiling and maintaining all patient charts and any other documentation as required by the Department
- Cross-train and help in other departments if needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of related experience
- Customer service experience
- Experience in the medical field
- Experience with insurance benefits
- Experience with Medicare/Medicaid
- Experience with medical terminology
- Experience in a Call Center with high volume
- Understanding of imaging procedures
New York Residents Only: The hourly range for New York residents is $16.00 to $27.31. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.