Radiology Supervisor- Ultrasound
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the department in an efficient and cost effective manner. The supervisor will work collaboratively with other hospital services, medical staff, and administration to ensure that quality patient care is delivered. Actively supervises the quality of care delivered to patients and participates in departmental QC and performance improvement activities.
- Performs all necessary administrative duties
- Organizes and coordinates the daily services of the department. Sets appropriate priorities, uses time effectively.
- Develops implements and enforces departmental policies and procedures that guide and support the provisions of services.
- Demonstrates financial accountability. Provides input on cost savings and productivity enhancements.
- Communicates regularly with staff on progress toward defined goals/required results. Is open to suggestions and new ideas from staff. Provides specific feedback, coaching and corrective action when necessary.
- Exemplifies superior customer service skills and performs service recovery
- Attends all management meetings and shares information with staff through regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Foster teamwork around staff, engage employees in the decision making process when appropriate and values diversity.
- Completes employee evaluations within the required time frame.
- Completes and verifies payroll hours for individual employees.
- Setting QA compliance objectives and ensuring that targets are achieved
- Proficient in departmental and hospital information technologies such as RIS, PACS, Soarian, EPIC and job specific related areas.
- Performs all necessary preparations related to diagnostic medical imaging
- Obtains patient history, explains procedures and addresses patient concerns.
- Performs all necessary checks for accuracy of the prescription, precertification/authorization if required by individual insurance companies, Soarian order and patient identification.
- Perform diagnostic medical images following appropriate imaging protocols under the direction of the radiologist.
- Compiles and reviews images, provides applicable comparison studies, and prepares documentation for the interpretation.
- Performs quality control testing as required.
- Clean, adjust and perform routine maintenance on equipment; stock and replenish supplies as required.
- ARDMS or ARRT (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Completion of an accredited radiologic technology program resulting in a two year certificate and/or associate degree
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.