Rheumatology Need - New Service Line 1 Hour from St. Louis - Signing Bonus - Visa Sponsorship Available
Additional Information About the Role
BJC Medical Group, in collaboration with our two rural hospitals, Parkland Health Center and Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital, are hiring a BE/BC Rheumatologist to provide care to our patients in their communities. Both communities are convieniently located one hour from St. Louis, MO.
- 100% Rheumatology Practice
- Mostly outpatient practice with minimal inpatient responsibilities
- Clinics located on the hospital campus
- Easy access to infusion centers for patient convenience
- Full-time is a 40 hour work week
- Anticipated schedule will be four days per week at Parkland Health Center and one day per week at Sullivan Hospital
- Light call responsibilities for clinic and NO Hospital Call
- Joining well-established multi-specialty clinics
- Strong referral base of primary care providers
- Patients are typically 18 years and older
- Clinic is open Monday - Friday from 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Develop your ideal practice setting and schedule that works for you
- Dedicated Medical Assistant for each provider
- Strong support staff within the clinics
- Fully wired with EPIC EMR
- High HPSA Score
- National Health Service Corp designated locations
- Newly graduating fellows and practicing physicians will be considered
- Visa candidates may apply
- Candidates must be able to obtain a MO state license
Compensation and Benefits:
- Strong earning potential
- 2 Year Guarantee followed by wRVU based compensation model
- Signing/retention bonus options
- Annual Quality incentive bonus
- Up to $100,000 Student Loan Reimbursement
- Stipend available for fellows
- 4 weeks ATO plus the 6 major holidays and 5 days of CME
- CME Allowance
- Claims-made Malpractice Insurance with tail provided
- Retirement vehicles: 401k, 403b, 457b deferred compensation plan
- Pension plan
- Generous relocation package
- Health, pharmacy, dental, vision, long-term disability, life, and AD&D
Farmington, MO was ranked by niche.com as one of the “Best Towns in Missouri” and “Best Towns to Raise a Family” due to attractive home values, low cost of living and low unemployment levels. Farmington has three state parks and 15 community parks, exceptional golf courses, national retailers and local boutiques for downtown shopping, and an abundance of schools – including public, private and parochial. Farmington has so much to offer and it’s just a short drive to St. Louis and all the “Gateway City” has to offer. Have the satisfaction of a safe, tight-knit/small town feel and direct access to a major city.
Sullivan, MO offers access to the business, cultural and recreational amenities of a major metropolitan area balanced with all of the benefits of small-town living. Sullivan’s strategic location (just 68 miles from downtown St. Louis) allows you to enjoy a wide variety of outdoor recreational activities including hiking, fishing, canoeing, camping and biking without sacrificing the amenities of a city.
Close Proximity to St. Louis:
St. Louis offers a host of attractions and activities that include the nationally recognized St. Louis Zoo, Forest Park, The Muny, Anheuser-Busch Brewery, Busch Stadium, Scottrade Center, Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre, The City Museum, St. Louis Art Museum, Peabody Opera house, Fox Theatre, Chaifetz Arena, The Hill, Union Station, and more!
- Fantastic sports culture with both the 2019 Stanley Cup winning Blues and the multi-year World Series winning Cardinals
- Features ample fine-dining, vegan friendly restaurants, gluten free friendly eateries, wineries, and microbreweries
- Low cost-of-living with a healthy and balanced real estate market in a major metropolitan area
- Access to great public and private schools
- Family-friendly communities: safe, inviting, and great for kids
- Direct access to Lambert International Airport via public transportation
BJC Medical Group is the multi-specialty physician organization of BJC HealthCare and includes over 600 doctors and advanced practice providers who are affiliated with the top-ranked hospitals in the area.
Since 1994, BJC Medical Group has provided access to the world’s best medicine through caring people and integrated systems. The providers are nationally recognized for excellent patient satisfaction and quality health care.
BJC Medical Group physicians are trained and certified in over 25 medical specialties and serve patients in more than 125 locations in the greater St. Louis, mid-Missouri and southern Illinois areas.
Ensures optimal care and promotes safety of patients admitted to assigned service in cooperation with the private attending staff and nursing staff. Communicates with staff, patients, and families.
ResponsibilitiesManages the medical care of assigned patients.Collaborates with patients, families, and members of the health care team to ensure excellent clinical outcomes.Performs and documents histories and physicals in the patient's medical record as required by hospital by-laws.Supervises and instructs medical students and residents assigned to service. Assists in the learning needs of residents and students as assessed.
EducationDoctorate - Medicine
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
Licenses & CertificationsLicensed Physician
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer