DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Primary responsibility for scheduling all outpatient and inpatient surgeries for the department. Coordination of activities with appropriate members of the care and surgical team, hospital admissions and OR. Ensures that all surgery ancillary coordination and OR capacity is provided to the physicians. Schedules office visits ensuring that the physician's and advanced practice providers clinic schedule are properly utilized.
- Department: Penn OB GYN Woodbury Heights
- Location: Penn Medicine Woodbury Heights – 1006 Mantua Pike
- Entity: Clinical Care Associates
- Responsible for all relevant tasks associated with scheduling pre and post-operative appointments
- Obtain all relevant medical record and patient history information to include but not limited to, clinical imaging, imaging reports, lab reports, provider notes, specialty specific information, etc. needed to schedule surgical procedures
- Collect and review patient insurance information to include but not limited to: obtaining prior authorizations (inpatient and outpatient) and referral information and ensure all necessary approvals are in place prior to the scheduled surgical procedure
- Once new patient visit is completed collaborates with physician to ensure all pre-operative tasks have been initiated and completed in advance of surgical procedure to include but not limited to: relevant pre-operative testing, consent forms, chart checks, etc.
- Ensures operation notes have been entered and validated for submission for medical coding
- Reviews and validates billing codes
- Distributes surgical billing to relevant billing departments
- Prepares and sends letters and other relevant communication on behalf of physician
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- H.S. Diploma/GED and 2+ years Related clinical office experience required. Prior customer service or insurance verification experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.