Advanced Practitioner Clinician Director MedExpress Urgent Care Springfield MA
Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
As a part of OptumCare, the largest network of medical groups in the nation, MedExpress is seeking a Full Time Advanced Practitioner Director to join our team in Springfield MA. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led care locally.
The Advanced Practice Clinicians Director will work in conjunction with the Area Medical Director and Regional Medical Director. They will be responsible for the coordination and oversight of all medical care provided and quality of services rendered at the center level by Advanced Practice Clinicians. He/She is responsible for promoting high standards of practice that could include but not limited to development of policies, protocols, practice guidelines, and by participating in rigorous performance improvement monitoring of Advanced Practice Clinicians. He/she has authority to act on all performance improvement and administrative issues in regards to respective supervised providers in collaboration with medical leadership.
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, Friendly
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special
- An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals
- Provides clear direction to achieve goals, creating an environment that fosters team commitment and employee engagement
- Maintains the perseverance to drive and sustain the changes that occur at MedExpress, while being resilient and flexible, and inspiring and motivating the team
- Constantly communicates to the team, is open to opinions and feedback from team members and follows through on commitments
- Creates a work environment in which people are able to perform to the best of their abilities
- In conjunction with the VP of Medical Operations, Regional Medical Director, and Area Medical Director assists in the research, development, and writing or revising of new or existing policies, protocols, and practice guidelines related to patient care and medical provider employment
- Assist in the implementation of all MedExpress policies and procedures as they pertain to patient care and provider employment
- Assist in organizing, directing, and integrating practices to assure continued compliance with applicable State and Federal laws governing medical services
- Assist in site review by State, Federal, or other regulatory agencies
- Assist in organizing, directing, and integrating the medical arm of Operations with other departments within the MedExpress organization
- Mediate professional disagreements
- Participate in patient engagement projects as developed by MedExpress as needed
- Assist in developing and participating in projects that ensure the cost-effectiveness of care provided by medical providers and centers
Operational Efficiency of Clinical Operations:
- Assist with capacity management issues that arise in the centers
- Available to assist in general clinical operations and logistics as may occur from time to time
- Remain up to date on issues pertaining to Employer Health Services clients, proper billing procedures, and documentation guidelines
- Promote provider support for diagnostic and E&M coding accuracy, adherence with the corporate compliance plan
- In conjunction with Area Medical Directors, Area Managers, and Center Managers, assist in supporting and staffing market-based worksite, mobile, and episodic care services
Provider Staff Supervision, Evaluation, and Development – In conjunction with the Area Medical Director:
- Assist in the management of Advanced Practice Clinicians which includes assisting, as needed, clinical onboarding of providers, as well as assuring clinical quality and general performance of providers
- Assesses and conducts performance and provisional status reviews of Advanced Practice Clinicians
- Utilizes the processes set forth in the Provider Evaluation and Development Program including, but not limited to, participating in formal orientation of new providers and conducting ongoing performance evaluations for all providers
- Monitor compliance with MedExpress treatment guidelines, policies, and protocols
- Assure that the quality and appropriateness of patient care are monitored and evaluated and that appropriate actions based on findings are taken on a consistent basis
- Report quality of care issues promptly to appropriate individuals, including Area Medical Director, Regional Medical Director, VPMO and CMO
- Evaluate and report the effectiveness of corrective actions resulting from performance improvement processes
- Assist in the interviewing process for Advanced Practice Clinicians in their respective region
Management of Quality of Medical Care – In conjunction with the Area Medical Director:
- Assisting in medical quality reviews which may include action planning for improvement, and chart audits for clinical quality
- Assisting in strategic planning of scope evolution and new clinical initiatives and services
- Participate in Risk Management activities
- Monitor patterns and appropriateness of specialist, diagnostic, and hospital based referrals
- Organize, implement, and direct a quality improvement system incorporating quality outcome measures
- Develop and update medical care protocols and procedures
- Develop and provide oversight of quality improvement studies
- Participate in review of patient engagement surveys
Delivery of Patient Care:
- Responsible for providing exceptional treatment and communication of care options to every MedExpress patient
- Open 8am- 8pm, 7 days per week
- Providers typically work 12 hour shifts
- Average patient load = 3-4 patients per hour
- Full licensed medical team and support staff
- Responsibilities include:
- Initial interpretation with digital X-Rays
- Incisions and drainage
What makes an OptumCare organization different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- Patients are treated like family. We focus on helping patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community locally
- Competitive pay and well deserved incentive bonuses
- CME reimbursement
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision
- 401k with matching
- Short and long term disability, company paid life insurance
- Company paid malpractice coverage
- Flexible Scheduling
- Holiday pay 1.5x shift rate on days worked
- Upward career growth and professional development
- Supportive and appreciative culture
- Certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner through the ANCC/AANP or certified as a Physician Assistant through the NCCPA
- 2 or more years Clinical experience in emergency medicine, urgent care, ambulatory care, family medicine, or internal medicine setting
- 2 or more years Administrative, management, or supervisory experience in a clinical setting
- Must be CPR certified (or willing to obtain prior to start)
- DOT certification (or ability to obtain within the first 60 days of employment)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willing and able to assist at other locations in the area
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player – comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.