Urgent Care - Physician - Optum, Riverside Medical Group - Ledgewood, NJ
OptumCare, the largest care-delivery organization in the world, is seeking a dedicated, patient-centric Urgent Care Physician to join our growing team in Ledgewood, New Jersey at Riverside Medical Group. At Optum, we are evolving health care nationally while providing physician-led care locally so that everyone can have an opportunity to live their healthiest life. It’s everything health care should be. Together, for better health. Work with the world’s largest care delivery organization, reach for more and start doing your life’s best work. (SM)
- Physician-led, patient centered team-based environment.
- Providing full spectrum Urgent Care for Pediatric & Adult patients, focusing on value-based care, and supported by a robust team of specialists [broad spectrum medicine].
- Clinical Aptitude: Suture, I&D, Splinting, X-Ray Reading, Pediatrics & Adults, Occupational Medicine, Diagnostic and Lab Interpretations, Managing Infection and Wound Care.
- Full-time; Work-Life Balance; Flexible Scheduling.
- Office hours are 8:00a – 8:00p; 365 days of the year).
- Full-Time requires thirteen to fourteen 12-hour shifts per month, of which 4 shifts must be weekends (i.e., Saturday’s and/or Sunday’s).
- Average patient load = 2 – 4 patients per hour, based on complexity.
- Teamwork; Evidence-based Medicine.
- Autonomy to practice at the peak of your license.
- Supported to grow your practice and patient panel.
- Direct and manage a complete continuum of high-quality care within the care team.
- Treat acute diseases and disorders, minor injuries, minor, procedures, ortho/splinting, interpretation of digital X-Ray’s, physical examinations, and more.
- Reviews patient file/record, including allergies, problems, medications, and immunization status.
- Elicits and records information about patient’s medical history.
- Orders or executes various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient’s condition.
- Analyzes reports and findings of tests and examination and diagnoses condition of patient.
- Oversees and provides collaborative support to Advanced Practice Clinicians.
What makes an OptumCare organization different?
- Value-Based care model; Evidence-Based medicine.
- Quadruple Aim: Improving Patient Satisfaction; Lowering Costs; Delivery High0Qaulity Outcomes; Increasing Provider Satisfaction and Well-Being.
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license.
- We recognize that if you want to provide good care and do it well, you can’t do it alone – this is the foundation of the team-based care model.
- A culture of Innovation, Collaboration, Transformation, and Growth.
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations; putting people first and working together with “Optum-ism” striving to improve everyday with an open mind and an open heart.
Compensation & Benefits Highlights:
- Compensative salary with annual increases.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Vision coverage.
- Excellent PTO package (increasing with tenure).
- Robust retirement including employer funded contributions.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP for UGH stock).
- Advanced Practice Clinician partnership opportunities with Optum.
- Company paid malpractice insurance and tail coverage.
- Consistent Career Growth, Professional Development, and Supportive Culture.
- Fortune 5 Company – United Health Group.
- Supportive and appreciative culture.
About Riverside Medical Group:
Riverside Medical Group is the premier medical practice in New Jersey serving patients in Hudson, Bergen, Passaic, Essex, Middlesex, Burlington, and Camden counties. We have over 60 locations and 180 board-certified medical providers specializing in Adult Medicine, Pediatrics, ENT, Foot & Ankle, Gastroenterology, Rheumatology, Cardiology, Behavioral Health, Physical Therapy, Allergy & Immunology, Developmental Health, Pain Management, Chiropractic and Optometry.
As a National Committee for Quality Assurance “Level III- Patient Centered Medical Home,” Riverside is able to provide patient-focused precision medical care to the entire family and is committed to providing patients with the highest quality medical care.
In addition to providing the highest quality of care, Riverside offers its patients the best hours of operation of any private practice in the country. Patients have around-the-clock access to a health-care team and have the benefit of same day and walk in appointments. As an advocate for prenatal health and education, Riverside offers prenatal classes every weekend free of charge. Riverside believes in giving back to their community and the patients they serve through health fairs, charitable giving/foundation, and free medical education.
- Doctoral degree (MD or DO) from an accredited program.
- Board certification or board eligibility in relevant specialty.
- Active and unrestricted medical license in the State of New Jersey.
- Active and unrestricted DEA License (or ability to obtain prior to start).
- Active New Jersey CDS license (or ability to obtain prior to start).
- Must be CPR certified (or willing to obtain prior to start).
- DOT certification (or ability to obtain within the first 60 days of employment).
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
The OptumCare Story:
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 14 million people through more than 38,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation.
Learn more about our journey at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player – comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.