Urgent Care Phys - IM, FM, or EM - Las Vegas NV - $60k Sign-On Bonus
Southwest Medical Associates (SMA), an Optum company, is Nevada’s largest multi-specialty practice, with over 350 physicians and advanced practice clinicians. Our facilities include 22 medical offices, with 6 urgent cares clinics, 7 Convenient Care Clinics, two lifestyle centers catering to seniors and two outpatient surgery centers. The practice is fully integrated and includes home health, complex disease management, pharmacy services, medical management and palliative care. SMA is actively engaged in population health management, with an emphasis on outcomes, and offers patients compassionate, innovative and high-quality care throughout Nevada. SMA is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our On-Demand Care Department is the largest, most-comprehensive in Nevada for outpatient episodic care, with a quarter million visits annually. The department includes six urgent cares and seven retail clinics, offering a full spectrum of services, with on-site laboratory, radiology (which includes CT and ultrasound), observation unit and infusion center. Our practice is nearly paperless, with electronic health records, digital radiology, electronic prescriptions and e-visits. The practice encompasses the full scope of urgent care and is evidence-based, and protocol driven. Our department also includes a robust telemedicine practice, with nearly 15,000 virtual consultations since 2014.
- The schedule is equitable and flexible, with ample time off.
- Providers work primarily 4 – 9-hour work weeks, with some weekends, nights and holiday shifts distributed evenly among the staff.
- Additional shifts, which are paid at a premium rate, are also available.
- The schedule is ideal for those who desire an alternative work schedule and who do not wish to conform to a traditional five-day work week.
- Our total compensation is extremely competitive, with incentive bonuses and a rich benefits package.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Board certified in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, or Emergency Medicine
- 2+ years of experience working as a Physician in an emergency or urgent care setting
- Comfortable and experienced in treating high acuity patients (i.e. CHF, atrial fibrillation, chest pain, etc.)
- An unrestricted DEA and Controlled Substance License (or ability to obtain prior to start)
- Ability to cover at other facilities if needed
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $259,790 to $345,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.