Urgent Care Physician Assistant
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum is a physician-led, close-knit team that has been long-respected in Southern California. We are passionate about patients. We are leading the state of California toward better healthcare practices. And we are looking for amazing doctors like you!
We have immediate opportunity for experienced Advanced Practice Clinician to join our Urgent Care team in Mission Hills, CA. The clinicians we seek are those who practice medicine with a focus on patient care, not volume. We want our clinicians to take the time needed to truly address the patient’s needs.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package including medical malpractice coverage and tail policy, generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays, CME time and dollars, medical, dental and vision benefits, company paid life insurance, bonus potential.
- Optum Clinic Locations: Mission Hills, CA
- Provide and manage direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses, and treatment
- Average census 2-3 patients per hour
- 12-hour shifts only
- See patients of all ages, newborns to geriatric age
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Certificate of completion from an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Program
- Unrestricted California Advanced Practice Clinician license
- Current AANP/ANCC/NCCPA certification
- Current California DEA certificate required prior to start date
- 1+ years of experience in urgent Care
- EMR Proficient
- Excellent patient care and time management skills
- Ability to work in fast pace environment, team player, adaptable to changing priorities
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Previous urgent care setting experience
- Medical Spanish
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
California Residents Only: The salary range for California residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment