Urgent Care Advanced Practice Clinician - Optum (formerly Riverside Medical Group) - Runnemede Area
Here at Optum, the largest network of medical groups in the nation, we are seeking a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join our rapidly growing Urgent Care team in the Tri-State region of Runnemede, New Jersey. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life’s best work. (sm)
- Physician-led, patient centered team-based environment.
- Providing full spectrum Urgent Care for Pediatric & Adult patients, focusing on value-based care, and supported by a robust team of specialists [broad spectrum medicine].
- Clinical Aptitude: Suture, I&D, Splinting, X-Ray Reading, Pediatrics & Adults, Occupational Medicine, Diagnostic and Lab Interpretations, Managing Infection and Wound Care.
- Full-time; Work-Life Balance; Flexible Scheduling.
- Office hours are 8:00a – 8:00p; 365 days of the year.
- 12-hour shifts (i.e., 8:00a – 8:00p).
- Full-Time requires 14 shifts per month, of which 4 shifts must be weekends (i.e., Saturday’s and/or Sunday’s).
- Average patient load = 3 – 4 patients per hour, based on complexity.
- Teamwork; Evidence-based Medicine.
- Autonomy to practice at the peak of your license.
- Supported to grow your practice and patient panel.
- Must be comfortable working independently but have Physician support at all times.
- Direct and manage a complete continuum of high-quality care within the care team.
- Treat acute diseases and disorders, minor injuries, minor, procedures, ortho/splinting, interpretation of digital X-Ray’s, physical examinations, and more.
- Reviews patient file/record, including allergies, problems, medications, and immunization status.
- Elicits and records information about patient’s medical history.
- Orders or executes various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient’s condition.
- Analyzes reports and findings of tests and examination and diagnoses condition of patient.
What makes an Optum organization different?
- Value-Based care model; Evidence-Based medicine.
- Quadruple Aim: Improving Patient Satisfaction; Lowering Costs; Delivery High0Qaulity Outcomes; Increasing Provider Satisfaction and Well-Being.
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license.
- We recognize that if you want to provide good care and do it well, you can’t do it alone – this is the foundation of the team-based care model.
- A culture of Innovation, Collaboration, Transformation, and Growth.
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations; putting people first and working together with “Optum-ism” striving to improve everyday with an open mind and an open heart.
Compensation & Benefits Highlights:
- Compensative salary with annual increases.
- Productivity Bonus (paid quarterly).
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Vision coverage.
- Excellent PTO package (increasing with tenure) & Paid maternity/paternity leave.
- Robust retirement including employer funded contributions.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP for UGH stock).
- Advanced Practice Clinician partnership opportunities with Optum.
- Company paid malpractice insurance and tail coverage.
- Consistent Career Growth, Professional Development, and Supportive Culture.
- Fortune 5 Company – United Health Group.
- Supportive and appreciative culture.
About the Optum Tri-State Regional Care Team:
Optum’s Tri-State regional care team, including legacy Riverside Medical Group, CareMount and ProHealth, provides services across the care continuum – from preventive medicine to diagnostics to treatment and beyond. As a truly integrated health system, our physicians and advanced practice clinicians are part of a much larger care team in primary care, urgent care and more than 25 specialties, as well as ambulatory surgery, imaging and more. As a Patient Centered Medical Home, Optum Tri-State is able to provide patient-focused medical care to the entire family. Part of a tri-state regional care team of over 2,100 providers who serve more than 1.6 million patients, our doctors and clinicians have access to the latest medical information and technology, which lets them spend more time with patients, provide better care and realize better outcomes.
As a National Committee for Quality Assurance “Level III- Patient Centered Medical Home,” Optum Tri-State is able to provide patient-focused precision medical care to the entire family and is committed to providing patients with the highest quality medical care.
In addition to providing the highest quality of care, Optum Tri-State offers its patients the best hours of operation of any private practice in the country. Patients have around-the-clock access to a health-care team and have the benefit of same day and walk in appointments. As an advocate for prenatal health and education, Optum Tri-State offers prenatal classes every weekend free of charge. Optum Tri-State believes in giving back to their community and the patients they serve through health fairs, charitable giving/foundation, and free medical education.
- Master’s degree in Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner from an accredited program.
- Certified as a Physician Assistant through the NCCPA or as a Family Nurse Practitioner through the ANCC/AANP.
- Active and unrestricted Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner license in the State of New Jersey.
- Active and unrestricted DEA License (or ability to obtain prior to start).
- Active New Jersey CDS license (or ability to obtain prior to start).
- Must be CPR certified (or willing to obtain prior to start).
- DOT certification (or ability to obtain within the first 60 days of employment).
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
The Optum Story:
At Optum, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving almost 130 million people through more than 78,000 aligned physicians and advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at http://www.workatoptum.com/provider.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player – comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.