Registered Nurse - Reliant Medical Group - Pediatrics
*$2,500 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates*
Full time position: Mondays - Fridays 8am - 5pm
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group. When you join Reliant, you’ll be part of a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led medical group. Everyone works collaboratively on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. With the resources of a global health organization - Optum - behind us, we’re at the forefront of value-based care. Supported by a patient-centric business model - integrated care teams focus on the best patient care, rather than volume. Here, you’ll contribute to an exceptional patient experience. Discover a place where you can help shape the future of health care and do your life’s best work.(sm)
This position is responsible for the effective delivery and management of direct patient care utilizing the nursing process and adhering to standards of nursing practice. Provides appropriate care to patients ranging within the ages of infants to geriatrics. Provides pre-visit and post-visit telephonic support and patient education, populating the Electronic Medical Record with historical information, lab findings, and preliminary orders to be reviewed by the physician at the next clinic visit. Ad hoc visits to the clinical sites will also be scheduled to enhance coordination of team-based care.
- Provides effective patient care directly to patients or through telephone management
- Delivers care based on patient’s specific needs. Interviews patient and or significant other(s) on admission. Uses observation skills to assess patient, including physical, psychosocial and behavioral status. Identifies and prioritizes patient problems based on assessments
- Plans for care collaboratively with the patient as well as multidisciplinary healthcare team. Involves patient and significant other(s) based on patient needs
- Implements interventions. Evaluates or revises the plan based on patient needs or outcomes
- Initiates nursing interventions that assist the patient to maximize health capabilities. Reassess and revise plan of care according to patient or significant other(s) education needs. Utilizes EMR tools to proactively ensure that all primary and secondary prevention services are accomplished in a timely fashion
- Administers, monitors and evaluates all therapeutic interventions including but not limited to safe medication administration according to Standard Policies and Procedures and applicable state and federal laws, including but not limited to Immunizations, Department specific medications.
- Maintains a latex safe environment for patients
- Involves patient and significant other(s) based on patient needs
- Consistently documents all the aspects of patient care and patient education. Reports pertinent information to physician
- Ensures nursing judgments and plan are based on physical and psychosocial needs
- Identifies emergency situations and initiates appropriate nursing orders/interventions. Meets patient needs promptly. Provides for cultural and diverse needs of the patient when providing care
- Delegates patient care responsibilities to other members of the healthcare team, when appropriate
- Manages care of the patient according to the standards of care, including age appropriate standards. Collaborates with multidisciplinary healthcare team
- Utilizes patient care equipment appropriately and safely. Documents and incorporates the information in the station specific equipment manual in providing safe patient care
- Incorporates organizational, nursing and department-specific policies, procedures and protocols into the delivery of patient care
- Completes all organizational and department specific nursing/clinical educational competencies
- Completes and demonstrates knowledge of mandatory programs/information. Information to be completed includes: Fire Safety; Disaster Plan/Utility Failure; Hazard Communication Standards (MSDS) sheets, if appropriate; Infection Control/Universal Precautions; Equipment Failures (Safety Medical Device Act); Security; Department’s Office Manual; M.G.L.A. 112 Section 5F (Reports of Violation); M.G.L.A. 111 Section 70E (Patient Bill of Rights); As defined by Department/Specialty e.g.., BLS, Ergonomics , new equipment
- Complies with health and safety requirements and with regulatory agencies such as DPH, etc.
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives
- Enhances professional growth and development through educational programs, seminars, etc.
- Attends a variety of meetings, conferences, and seminars as required or directed
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed
- Regular, reliable and predicable attendance is required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school Diploma or GED
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Currently licensed as a RN in the State of Massachusetts
- BLS/CPR certification
- 1+ years of RN experience
- Knowledge of various software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, etc.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 3+ years of RN experience
- 1+ years of experience in Pediatrics
- Excellent interpersonal, organization, and communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.