Registered Nurse - Pediatrics - South Windsor, CT
**External Candidates are eligible for a $1,000 Sign-On Bonus**
If you want to get way ahead in your career, it makes sense to be with an organization that's way ahead of the curve. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to become Connecticut’s leading primary care physician organization. With over 90 locations throughout the state of Connecticut, our family of primary care doctors and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. In fact, ProHealth serves every county and provides roughly ten percent of the primary care delivered to patients in the state. We're leaders in thinking and in serving our communities. For instance, we're a C.M.S. approved Accountable Care Organization (ACO), covering over 30,000 Medicare patients associated with our community-based primary care providers. We're also nationally recognized as a NCQA Level III Medical Home. That kind of progressive leadership makes us perfect fit for OptumCare and UnitedHealth Group's expanding family of providers. This is a place where you can stay way ahead as you do your life's best work.(sm)
ProHealth Physicians is a physician-led medical group with 85 practice locations throughout Connecticut serving more than 10% of the state's residents. We empower physicians and advanced clinicians to better serve patients through enhanced care processes in support of improved patient outcomes. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to include more than 350 primary care and specialty clinicians and offers select specialty and diagnostic/therapeutic services.
ProHealth Physicians - South Windsor Pediatrics has an immediate opening for a responsible, hardworking and detail oriented Registered Nurse to join our team. Hours for this position are 8:00 - 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday, and occasional Saturday mornings.
- Serve as liaison between patients, staff and providers
- Support the care team and its patients by providing and documenting nursing care following established standards and practices
- Document all patient interactions and other clinical activities accurately and in a timely manner in the electronic health record (EHR)
- Demonstrate respect for patients and ProHealth staff by presenting a friendly, courteous manner at all times and maintaining patient confidentiality
- Provide attention to patients in a manner that builds confidence, trust and loyalty
- Act as a member of the care team, including preparing patients to be seen by collecting and recording(as applicable): Height and weight, Temperature, Current medications and Chief complaint and history
- Triage patients according to approved protocols and consistent with ProHealth’s Appointment and Scheduling Guidelines. Answer and document patient phone calls; take complete messages and route to providers as needed using the EHR
- Provide and document patient care such as giving injections and performing preventive screenings
- Educate patients regarding their illness or injury and provide instruction regarding self-management of their condition
- Carry out standing orders (i.e., authorizing prescription refills and ordering tests) consistent with ProHealth’s policies and procedures
- As appropriate, conduct outreach to patients in need of appointments or other services, to communicate test results and other information, and to follow up after appointments to be sure patients are following their plan of care
- Monitor task list in order to respond to tasks in a timely manner, follow up on overdue orders and monitor status of critical referrals
- Order supplies and vaccines and maintain appropriate records. Prepare and maintain equipment including sterilization
- Maintain knowledge of current coding, OSHA and CLIA regulations and ProHealth policies
- Assist care team to assure smooth office operation and delivery of excellent service through teamwork
- Perform other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Active unrestricted RN licensure in CT
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Family practice and/or pediatric experience
- 1+ years of nursing experience
- Phone triage experience
- Experience with EMRs and knowledge of medical terminology
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Connecticut Residents Only: The hourly range for Connecticut residents is $28.85 to $51.30. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.